Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hey, can you smell that?




It's the smell of burning rubber...that's right, I'm talking about the first 2010 race of NASCAR! I don't follow it like I did when Terry LaBonte was still driving, but I still pay some attention to it. I can tell you I can't stand Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart...I know I might catch some flack for that statement! Jimmie Johnson is my new fav... :)

Ok, onto today's cards. The first card is a sympathy card for a friend whose mother has just passed on. She had been taking care of her for some time, and was having some difficulty lately. I hope now she knows her mom is at peace. The leaf stamp used is unknown, the sentiment is from Inkadinkado, and the flower is from a lei I bought at Wal-Mart. It started out as white, but I sponged it with some Studio G ink.
My second card is a birthday card requested from my co-worker (the same one that asked for the baby card). This card is for her mother's brithday, which is Valentine's Day. The card I made her last year was geared more toward recognizing the holiday as well as the birthday, but this time I chose to focus on just the birthday aspect. The flower and leaves are FSS, this time jazzed up with LOTS of Studio G glitter glue. I placed them on a green mat cut with Mega Curved rectangles, which has a yellow glitter mat behind it. The sentiment is unknown, and the ink is Studio G.
Thanks for lookin' ya'll! TOODLES!!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty cards Marie! Sorry, not a race fan here at all! Don't even know who you are yammering about! lol Sorry to hear about your friend! I think that is my favorite card of the two!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...