Wednesday, September 14, 2022

ABC CHRISTMAS -- S FOR SNOW, T FOR TREES -- SEPTEMBER 14, 2022

 Hello friends, and welcome back to my blog!  I hope you are doing well on this fine September Wednesday.  Speaking of Wednesday, it's the second Wednesday of the month, which means it's time for another challenge at the ABC Christmas blog.  For this month's challenge we are on the letters S for SNOW and T for TREES.  I only had time to create one card this month, and here it is:


Obviously, I chose S for snow, because who could resist these adorable snow people??  I recently acquired this Penny Black rubber stamp as well as the die, and I couldn't be more in love with it!  I have had the original(?) Snowy stamp for some time now, and when I found out that there was a die to cut him out, I hopped on Amazon to find it.  In doing so, I came upon the Snowy Family stamp, so I knew it was fated to come home to live here too.

I decided to step out of my comfort zone a bit with this one by doing some paper piecing of the hats and scarves.  It really wasn't TOO bad to do, and boy was I impressed with myself when it was all done! ๐Ÿ˜† For the paper piecing, I used red, pink, and green papers from the Knit Picky Winter 6x6 paper pad from Lawn Fawn.  I colored in the rest of the hats with matching Copic markers.  I also used a C1 marker to add some shading to the paper pieced areas.  The snowmen were colored with a B0000 marker and the colorless blender to soften the edges.

To add some contrast behind the snow family, I blended Tumbled Glass oxide ink onto the card base with a blending brush.  I then added some texture by sprinkling water on top and blotting it off.  The snowy ground beneath them was a leftover piece I had from a previous card that was die cut with the Stitched Hillside Borders, also from Lawn Fawn.  I adhered it flat to the card base after I stamped the warm winter wishes sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Winter Scripty Sentiments set in Versa Fine Clair Nocturne ink using my MISTI.  The snow family is popped up on foam tape.

To add even more interest to this card, I used a #8 white Gelly Roll pen on the all the pom poms, doing dots on the smaller ones, and small lines on the big one for something different.  I really like how that came out!  The smaller pom poms also have clear glitter gel pen dots mixed in with the white dots.  I also added more details to the brims of the smaller hats...the red one has streaks of clear glitter gel pen going from left to right, and the pink one has stripes of white and clear glitter going up and down.  To finish the card off, I added Star Dust Stickles to the snowy ground and on the snow people in strategic places.  And that's it!




--CHALLENGES--

Sparkles Christmas:  Clean and Simple
CAS Christmas:  Sparkle and/or Shine
Crafty Calendar:  ATG (3/3)
Daisy Chain #67:  Clean and Simple
Pearly Sparkles:  Traci's Recipe - Pink, Pearls and/or Sparkle (I have pink and sparkle on this card)
Happy Little Stampers:  ATG Christmas
Sweet Stampers:  Add a Sentiment (1/5)
We Love Stamping:  ATG w/Stamping (3/3)
Ally's Angels #62:  ATG (2/3)
Aud Sentiments #297:  Christmas + sentiment (1/5)

I thank you so much for stopping by today!  We're getting closer to the holidays every day now, so if you need to bump up your Christmas card stash, head on over to the ABC Christmas challenge and join in!  We love to see what you create. ๐Ÿ˜Š Until next time,

๐Ÿ’— Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! ๐Ÿ’—

~ Marie


19 comments:

  1. OH! What a delight this card is Marie, love your background and colouring, it's a cute and warm card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...surely the only thing better than Snowy, is a whole Snowy family! The paper piecing looks fab!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Marie Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet trio of Snowpeople, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this CAS design and the snow people are so sweet. Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cute Snowmen. Very beautiful coloration. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I just love these snowmen! You created such a wonderful background scene for them. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable trio, Marie! So sweet and fresh - love their colors so much! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable Snowy Family card, Marie! The paper pieced hats and scarves are lovely, and the sparkle of pom poms & brims of their hats, and the snowy hills are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, love this image! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Francesca again, very cute card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card - I just love those little snowmen! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS - Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The snow family is adorable, Marie. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge  Blog
    Best Wishes Lisa xx
    craftycard-designs.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your snowman family!!! You did a wonderful job of mixing your coloring with the papers. Thanks so much for playing with us at the HLS die challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and gorgeous card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so cute. I love the colourful hats and scarves. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, I love the paper piecing and the image is so cute. Thanks for joining in our September challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...