Sunday, May 29, 2011

JB22...We three kings



Hello all! Happy Memorial Day weekend! Here in PA, the weather is hot and sunny (finally!), and after Chad comes home we are going to Mom's for a cook out. YUMMY!!! I am bringing the deviled eggs, mac and cheese, and dirt. For those who don't know what dirt is, it's just chocolate pudding, whipped cream, with oreos mixed in...MMMmmmmmm.


As the title suggests, this card was made for the current challenge over at the Jingle Belles blog, to use three (or more) different patterned papers. This week's sponsor is Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker, who is offering up a 6x6 pad of her Happy Holly-Days paper and some other paper goodies! YEA!


I started out with a kraft base (I am loving this cardstock!!) and three papers from a small set I picked up at Jo-Ann Fabrics a few months ago. The jolly snowman is from a napkin that a good friend sent me with a bunch of other goodies. He is backed by a paint sample that I rounded the corners on, and accented by a punched and glittered snowflake. The sentiment is from Studio G, and stamped in Studio G ink.


Well, Chad will soon be home, so I'd best get my butt moving and finish getting things together. I hope you all enjoy your long weekend, and stay safe! :)

8 comments:

  1. What a cute card for the We Three Kings Challenge. Love the snowman!
    Now I must tell you, I'm very interested in your dirt... sound yummy. Who on earth doesn't love Oreos and whipped cream?
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, i need to type quickly so that i can drive to PA *immediately* in hopes of being in time to have mac-n-cheese AND "dirt" which sounds like an amazing (if bizarrely titled) dessert! :)

    in the meantime, i should probably mention how much i ♥LOVE♥ that fabulously cute snowman, annnnnnnnnnd the wonderful card you built around him! totally fun and festive and FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napkin ... paint sample ... I never would have guessed ... all of the elements work together so fabulously ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun ... and save me some dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. this is great and I think the snowman element is so cool - I was wondering, hmmm...is that chipboard? But no, it's a napkin! Very clever and I love the papers you've used and the kraft base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun challenge - using different papers together! I do like that cute snowman - hard to believe he's from a napkin :) I do like the recycled element too. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, your card is really cute and I love the napkin snowman :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooooooo ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeee the snowman! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...