Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hello, and good evening!



We're almost to the weekend...YAHOO!!! My kids are finally home from visiting relatives most of the summer, and I have the weekend off! And a trip to Mike's is in the plans...did any of you know that they now carry Copic markers?? I am sooooo psyched!!! I have already started to "collect" them, starting with the light skin tone colors. I told the hubby that is what I want for every occassion until I have them all...LOL!


So, onto today's card. I made this for the current challenge over at Catch The Bug, distressed or shabby chic. Well, I'm not sure I could ever pull off shabby chic, so I went with distressed instead. This little guy looks like he's having some fun in the snow, doesn't he? The image is called Turtles-Winter from Bugaboo...you can find him HERE. So you can probably see I distressed the card by sponging ink on the edges of the square, and around the edges of the embossed red panels. I also took my scissors to the edges of the square to rough them up.


Well, I must cut this short, as the kids need to get to bed, and so do I! Take care until next time! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute Marie! I love the string frame you have added too.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable image...Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...