Tuesday, September 13, 2011

JB37, Deck the Halls!



"With boughs of holly, FA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA, LA!" Heehee! How is everyone today? I am one day closer to taking my Labor Day holiday...YEA!!! Where I work, we are open 24/7, 365, so holidays don't always fall on the days they do for everyone else! So, who's ready to deck the halls for Christmas. Right around the time the season changes to fall is when I get in the mood...but I have to wait a little longer! Anyhow, I know you're all here to see what I have created for the 37th prompt at Jingle Belles, where we were to do any or all of the following:






make a freestanding (2.5 x 3.5") Christmas themed Artist Trading Card

-OR-

add an ATC-sized element to your holiday card

-OR-

incorporate a playing card into your design

-OR-

use a recycled Christmas card (or an element from one) on your (newly made) holiday card


I did 2 of the 4...added an ATC-sized element to my card, and recycled a Christmas card. I used the rest of the torn piece of paper from last week's card, and made it match the slope of the snow on the card piece, added glitter glue along the edge for some sparkle, cut snowflakes from the card, and added them randomly around the penguin. A small sentiment from Studio G completes my card. I hope you all like it! :)



5 comments:

  1. How clever to incorporate the background elements and the ATC to make a continuous image - LOVE IT! Great color scheme, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your torn paper works with your ATC ... so very clever ... and what fun holiday colors ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i *definitely* like it... in fact i ♥LOVE♥ it!!! love the ATC, love the penguins, loooooove the color scheme, love the cool circle snowflakes (& the way they are popped UP; but the thing i love the very VERY most is the way the snow on the card follows the snow on the ATC... flippin' ♥♥♥BRILLIANT♥♥♥ missus!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT card - clever, cute, and colorful - and wonderful recycling work, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! I like the "different" Christmas colors...add a real wow to this card!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...