Tuesday, May 31, 2016

O, Little Town of Bethlehem

how still we see thee lie.  Howdy bloggers!  I'm back on the blog, hoping all of my US friends had an enjoyable long weekend.  I know we did!
 
Here is what I came to share tonight:
 
 
This was made with a cut file from the Silhouette Store called Bethlehem silhouette layered a2 card.  It comes with everything you need to make the card, including a frame, but I only cut the building layers, and the sand and sky layers.  Instead of cutting the sky from colored card stock, I used white and distress inked it instead.  I *think* I used Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Blueprint Sketch.  To add character to the building layers, I inked them with Frayed Burlap.  The sand layer is inked with Antique Linen.  The Peace sentiment comes from Celebrate the Season from Recollections.  To match the gold glitter paper I used for the star opening, I embossed it using Recollections tinsel embossing powder in gold.  The white "stars" were added with gel pen.  I probably should have added some kind of shading to that doorway, but didn't think of it until afterwards.
 
Challenges:
 
The Glory of Christmas #85:  Home of Jesus' birth
CHNC #238:  Use a sentiment
Crimbo Crackers #107:  Anything goes
Christmas Card Challenges #26:  Anything goes or optional color challenge
Sweet Stampin':  Embossing
Simon Wednesday:  Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #232-233:  Anything Goes
Die Cuttin' Divas #238:  Anything goes with die cuts
May Rudolph Days:  Anything goes
Craft Your Passion #314:  Anything goes
Outlawz Paper Ala Mode:  Anything goes
 
Thanks for stopping by, and God Bless!
 
~Marie~
 
ETA:  This card made the Top 3 at The Glory of Christmas!  Thanks so much!  :)
 

11 comments:

  1. I love this cut file. I do not have a silhouette but if I did I would be getting this file... it is gorgeous.

    This is a stunning card...love the gold mat behind your village...love the way it lights up the star of Bethlehem and the stars in the sky.

    Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh loving this one, thanks so much for entering it for the May Rudolph Day challenge

    Kathyk
    GDTM-Rudolph Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Marie, a really special card for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful , traditional image for this delightful card .Thanks for sharing with us here at Christmas card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card Marie. Wonderful little Bethlehem scene, love the starry sky! Thanks for joining us at Sweet stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful Christmas card Marie and I love the scene you have created thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful layered scene. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art in the #232-#233 - Anything Goes FF Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love the layered scene!! The cut file is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at the Rudolph days challenge.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie
    Rudolph Days Challenge GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 283 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...