Thursday, May 31, 2018

New "Christmas With The Cuties" Card!

Hello bloggers!  How is your week going?  Mine has been alright.  I was kinda wishing I had taken a vacation day on Wednesday after my alarm went off at 3:50 am though...LOL!

Anyway, I'm here to share my card for the Christmas With The Cuties challenge, Festive Furry Friends:


I couldn't resist using this Barry image from the Stamp Fairy store (sadly, now closed) that I had printed out.  Barry was my favorite character in the store, and I wish I had been able to buy more images before the store closed!  At any rate, I colored him with alcohol markers, using warm grays for his fur, and gave him some darker gray dots (a la Nichol Spohr) for texture.  I colored his hat and scarf to go with the colors of the patterned paper I used, which is called Holiday Magic Snowflakes from The Paper Studio.  It is a 12x12 sheet of paper that I bought several of at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago when they were on sale.  Oh boy, is it gorgeous!!  To accent the strip of patterned paper, I added small slivers of pinky-purple glitter paper to each side.  To add even more glitter, I used some yellow Stickles on the stars, and Diamond Ice Stickles on the snowflakes in the image.

Challenges:

Crafty Creations #367:  ATG
Creative Fingers #147:  ATG
Crimbo Crackers #159:  ATG
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #82:  ATG
Word Art Wednesday #336-#337:  ATG
Little Miss Muffet #190:  ATG
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #470:  Come Play Outside (my guy is decorating outside, hope that counts!)
The Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge #30:  ATG Christmas

Thanks for joining me today!  My younger daughter graduates high school tomorrow, with a job already lined up for after she turns 18 on June 17th.  I am so happy for her!  The only glitch is that she doesn't have a car or know how to drive yet, so my poor hubby will be dropping her off every morning, and then we'll have to pick her up in the evening.  But, one day at a time!

God Bless, and have a good day!

~Marie~


5 comments:

  1. Such an adorable bear and I love the colours of his hat and scarf and of that beautiful background paper
    Jane
    Guest designer at C.R.A.F.T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card thanks for sharing at craft this week and good luck in the draw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Marie, he's so cute and the colours are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card and such beautiful coloring! A shame he's not available any more. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie! Your card happens to be in my favorite color! I love how you used that strip of pretty patterned paper. Your coloring of that cuddly bear is fabulous.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    Happy Friday,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...