Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Sasayaki Glitter Reminder...Christmas in July! :)

Hello again, bloggy friends!  I am back again today to share with you my card for the Sasayaki Glitter reminder post for our Christmas in July challenge:


The image I used here is called Girl and Puppy in the snow.  Fellow design team member Tracey made her card suing this image first, and when I saw it, I HAD to have her!  I must have also loved her color scheme, because without consciously doing so, I used the same ones!  After I posted my pic to the DT page, I mentally smacked myself on the forehead.  DUH!  I will need to pay better attention next time!

I kept my card simple by printing the image out large enough to be the focal point.  I used Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink on the card base before adhering my image panel, and added some Stickles to the snowflakes on the image.  After that was dry, I went through my stash and found these metallic blue and white snowflakes, added dark blue gems to the centers, and this card was done!  :) 

Challenges:

Happy Little Stampers Christmas:  ATG or optional "Santa" twist
CHNC #394:  ATG or optional "use a die cut or punch" theme

That's all for today.  Thanks for joining me again!  Please stop by the Sasayaki Glitter challenge blog if you haven't done so already and join in the Christmas in July fun!

~Marie~


8 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image for your Christmas card, Marie! I love the blues and whites, especially carried over into the snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining our HLS July Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    Thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy
    Renate Dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge with your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super cute focal image. Love the simplicity of the card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Christmas card
    Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...