Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Sasayaki Glitter October Post: Halloween or Harvest

Greetings, fellow bloggers!  Can you believe that it is OCTOBER ALREADY?!?!?  I know that I am somewhat in a state of disbelief that now there are less than 3 months until Christmas!  Are you guys ready?  Have you started your cards/projects yet?  Time is a-tickin'!  In the meantime though, while panic sets in, here is my creation for the Sasayaki Glitter October challenge of Halloween or Harvest:

I think this is dang cute, if I do say so myself!  LOL!  The pumpkin shape is from a Treasure Box Designs cut file called Pumpkin Faces.  It comes with all the layers you need for the pumpkin, as well as 4 fun faces.  I just wanted to use the gourd for my project, as a cute base for these adorable HedgehogsThe original image has a butterfly to the upper left of the momma hedgie, but I just eliminated that for my purposes today.  I used alcohol markers to do my coloring, and used the image on the Etsy site as a reference.  The edges of the pumpkin are all sponged with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink, as well as the edges of my image circle.  I used a scrap of green glitter cardstock for my stem.  The MISTI was used to stamp the sentiment using the same ink.

Challenges:


Animal Friends #67:  Autumn/Halloween
Mix It Up #18:  ATG, and/or Monochrome twist
A Gem of a Challenge #228 (final challenge):  Halloween/Halloween colors
Crafty Gals Corner #175:  Anything FALL Goes
Hiding in My Craft Room #372:  Freestyle (ATG)


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Please make some time to stop by the Sasayaki Glitter blog to check out the other DT projects, and to participate with us!  God Bless!


~Marie~


11 comments:

  1. Ah this is adorable, thanks for joining in with us on the last A Gem of a Challenge, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and love the beautifully coloured image. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Challenge this week and hope you will join us again.
    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super adorable! I love, love, love this card. Thank you for playing with us at Polkadoodles anything goes Challenge, Hope to see you in our next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with an original design! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi what a super cute card love the image and great use of pumpkin shape,thanks for joining us here at Penny's paper crafty challenge,Lyn DT x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkin base is so fun! These hedgies are adorable!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Fall Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cute little card. Thank you for taking part in the "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable Marie! Thankfully I have quite a few Christmas cards done this year, for a change lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so adorable and what a clever pumpkin design!
    Thanks for playing along with us at MIUCB!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...