Thursday, January 17, 2019

Happy Birthday!

Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well.  Can you believe we are halfway through the first month of 2019 already?  Time just flies by anymore.  Anyway, I would like to share with you a birthday card I made for a friend:


I was inspired to make my card the way I did by a recent YouTube video of Ashley Tucker's.  I loved the simplicity of the layout of the card she made, and thought it would translate perfectly to this birthday card.

I chose the cardstock color based on the swirly on the bottom layer of the cake (Miss Kate's Cuttables), and cut the scalloped rectangle frame using Spellbinders dies out of white cardstock.  The sequins come from Michael's kids section.  I used one layer of 3M foam tape to construct my shaker, but I wish I had used 2 so the sequins would move more freely.  Next time!

Challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas:  Birthday (Spellbinders dies to make the frame)
Cute Card Thursday #565:  Banish the Blues
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday:  ATG or twist to use layers

Thanks for joining me today!  Have a great rest of the week (tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!).  We are set to get hit with 2 snow storms this weekend, so it should be getting interesting around here.  

Take care, and GOD BLESS!

~Marie~



8 comments:

  1. A Lovely CAS shaker card. Thank you so much for joining us over at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shaker card and love the birthday cake.Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful shaker card. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. This is just lovely. I like a shaker card even if I can't do them. Thanks for sharing with us at LPCF

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Shakercard! Love the big Birthday cake! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft challenge.
    Happy crafting
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable shaker... Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this fun shaker card!! The birthday cake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very Nice Blog .I Have Read Your Post It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writing Style Is Very Nice...
    slime shops

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...