Monday, July 1, 2019

DESIGN TEAM DOUBLE TIME! CATCH THE BUG, AND CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND PROJECT

Hey crafty people!  Today I want to share with you what I have made for Anything But a Card over at Catch the Bug:


I had this Two Snowmen image printed out in my digi basket, and I thought it would be perfect for a tag.  I used the Sizzix Tags, Scallop Combo #2 die to cut out my tags (I glued a black one behind the image tag, offset a bit).  The image is colored with alcohol markers, and I added red and yellow Stickles to the appropriate areas of the tree, as well as Star Dust Stickles to the snow and snowmen.  The merry word and snowflake dies come from the Holiday Sentiments 2 stamp and die set from Recollections.  I cut the word out 3 times to layer it up, and each snowflake is made up of 2 layers.

Now, you can see a hint of what this tag is attached to, but let me add another picture so you can see all of it:


So this little gift bag is what I made for my CCAYR DT project this month, where Deanne is looking for Gifts/Presents (no cards).  I struggled with this one for a bit, because I don't usually make gifts, per se.  I consider my cards to be a gift, as I spend so much time and attention on each one of them.  The recipients may not feel the same way about them, but that is how I feel!  LOL
I used the We R Memory Keepers gift bag punch board to make my bag, and this was the first time using the board.  I did have to watch a YouTube video to explain it a little bit better than the included instructions, but it was easy to do.  The patterned paper comes from the Say Freeze 12x12 Recollections paper pad.

CHALLENGES:

The Cutie Pie Challenge #136:  Ribbons and bows
Crafting by Designs:  Get Ready for Christmas
The Paper Shelter #389:  Going Digital
CHNC #444:  ATG
Jingle Belles:  Snow much Fun!

FYI!  Keep your eyes peeled for the awesome Christmas in July event that is coming up at Catch the Bug!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you found some inspiration here, and if you click over to Catch the Bug and CCAYR, I guarantee you will find more inspiration!

Take care, and God Bless!

~Marie~




13 comments:

  1. Fabulous image love the card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Tuesday hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is so stinkin' cute ... so glad you joined us for SNOW much fun at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card
    Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! and so clever! i LOVE that offset tag idea, i'll be "paying tribute to" that on a card verrrrrrry soon methinks! :) thanks for having SNOW MUCH FUN with us (again!) at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet, happy, colorful creation Marie! Darling smiles and fantastic layering! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooops! I am back: Thank you for uploading your pretty project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge . Hope to see more of your creative submissions in the future.
    Warm Smiles,
    de
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gift box and tag set, Marie. The papers you used are gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful day.
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is amazing gift box. I like it very much. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning.. Thank you so much for your entry at Cute N Crafty Christmas..
    DT Archana Sehgal
    Archu's Art World

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...