Friday, February 4, 2022

DIGI DOODLE STUDIOS CARD SHARE -- FEBRUARY 4, 2022

Hello friends, and welcome back to my blog!  I hope that you are all doing well and staying healthy.  My family is continuing to stay healthy, and I am very thankful for that.  Today I have a card to share from Digi Doodle Studios featuring the new adorable BUMBLE GARDEN PAIRABLES, and one of the cute papers from the BUMBLE BUZZ Digi Doodles 6x6 paper pack.


I had it in mind to use this hexagon background from this Background Bundle made by Bird's Cards, and to make it into a shaker.  Bird has LOADS of freebie cut files available on her site for any occasion you can think of, so it's definitely worthwhile to check it out!  I sized the background to be 5.25" square to fit nicely onto a 5.5" square black card base.  I cut the background 4 times from Accent 
Opaque 100 lb. white, and twice from the colored print outs I did on 65 lb. cardstock.  I adhered all the white layers together (painstakingly, I might add) using Bearly Art glue.  After doing so, I realized that this WASN'T going to make the best shaker, so I grabbed a pair of Tim Holtz scissors and cut out the innards before adhering the last 2 layers of the background and the acetate.  Boy let me tell ya, if you don't have a pair of these scissors, I HIGHLY recommend them!  I had no problems whatsoever cutting thru those layers of cardstock, and my hand never got sore while cutting!
Anyway, then I dug out the sequins and blends that I wanted to add to my shaker.  I used gold and iridescent sequins from my stash, and I picked out many different pieces from the Bee Creative blend from the Sparkle Blends ShopThis blend has sold out, but Amber has many other pretty blends in her shop to choose from!  Here is a pic of one of the fabulous little gold bees in this mix:
It doesn't show as gold in the pic but trust me it is!  I closed up the shaker using the black with yellow polka dots paper from the paper pack.  In the above picture, you can also see that I made the hexagon background match the polka dots exactly, by using the eye dropper tool in Silhouette Studio.  Just another fantastic thing about using digital products! 😊 Now, about these adorable bees...
I colored them with alcohol markers, trying my best to match the polka dot paper and the hexagon background.  This was as close as I could get with the markers I have, and I think it works just fine. I added clear Wink of Stella to their wings for some subtle shimmer.  The hive was colored with the same yellows, and white gel pen highlights were added. The tree branch comes from a Miss Kate Cuttables file (I think), but I am unsure which one.  I really must learn to write everything down!  The cute sentiment is one of several included with the Pairables set, and I cut it from the same printer-colored paper as the background.  The DT twist for this month is to add pearls or gems, so I chose to add a pearl to each corner of the card.  Oh yes, I adhered the branch down flat to the card front, while the other images and the sentiment are popped up on foam tape.  I added two layers of foam tape to the hive.

A view from above:

Up close and personal with the stars of the card:

--CHALLENGES--

CHN Patterned Paper:  ATG using patterned paper
Love to Craft #66:  ATG (4/8)
Mix it Up #57:  ATG (5/8)
Craft Rocket #89:  Sparkle/Bling
Color It, Create It, Show it Off:  ATG with coloring (1/3)
Critter Crazy #59:  ATG featuring a critter (1/5)

Cardz 4 Gals #165:  Make it Sparkle
Double Trouble #102:  SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing w/optional twist to not make a standard A2 card (mine is 5.5" square)
TTCRD:  ATG (1/2)
As You Like It:  True Love or Fabulous Friendships -- I have a few friends that are always very supportive and encouraging, so this card will BEE for one of them!
Polkadoodles #6:  ATG (1/2)
Digi Choosday #5:  ATG (1/2)
Colour Crazy #5:  ATG with coloring (1/2)
Crafty Catz #581:  ATG (1/3)

Thanks again for stopping by today!  I hope I have inspired you to get creative today, if you haven't already that is!  Please don't forget to pop on over to the Digi Doodle Studios challenge blog to join in the LOVE and/or FRIENDSHIP challenge for this month...it's a short month, so you best get crackin'!  Until next time friends, 

💗 Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! 💗

~ Marie






20 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the designed paper behind your shaker card, and you did a great job with the cut of the honeycomb background and love the the cute bee images. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous shaker card. Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to create a shaker using the hexagon die. Love the way you used your dotted paper and your bees are perfectly colored. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #102.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love that it's a shaker behind that honeycomb! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. I love it and such an inspiration to use it as a shaker card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door . Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge and Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shaker card! The die cuts are so cute! Love this whole project. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a shaker card and your card is very sweet; lots of interest! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card for a friend. Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous shaker card, and so much detail in it. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card ..love BEES ..
    Thank you for joining us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card .Thanks for joining us over on the Digi Choosday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie, what an adorable card! You didn't mention it (or I missed it), but it's a shaker card, too, right? Love all the details you've included! Thank you for sharing your creativity and card with us at Double Trouble for our "anything but an A2 card" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, this is delightful. Thanks for sharing at Pearly Sparkles.
    Larelyn
    Pearly Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card, thanks for sharing it with us at the Craft Rocket Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, brilliant shaker card! I love it!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...