Thursday, April 21, 2022

GUEST DESIGNER FOR THE OUTLAWZ TWISTED THURSDAY -- BIRDS OF A FEATHER -- APRIL 21, 2022

Hello, and welcome back to my blog!  This is my second post as a Guest Designer for The Outlawz Twisted ThursdayEUREKA STAMPS is still sponsoring the challenge, but for the next 2 weeks the theme is BIRDS OF A FEATHER.  I chose this cute image called Feeding the BirdsHere is my card:


I am so glad that I got to work with this adorable snowman image for my second GDT card...rest assured, if there is a snowman available, I will use it!  I love, love, LOVE snowmen if you don't know that already!  As always, I used my Silhouette Design software to size and cut the image.  I also cut the scalloped oval mat for the image.  I got the lovely shade of green for the scalloped layer and for the rectangular mat layer by inking the edges first with Twisted Citron oxide ink, and then going over it with Mowed Lawn oxide.  It looks brighter in the pics than it actually is.  IRL, it matches the green stripes in the plaid paper, which is from MFT's Cheerful Plaid 6x6 paper pad.  
The adorable image was colored with alcohol markers, and the snowman's body was covered in several coats of Wink of Stella.  I also used Wink of Stella on the "snow" word.  The letters were die cut using Henry's ABC's from Lawn Fawn.  Since I had made my image panel so large for an A2 sized card, I had to get creative with my snow word so that it would lay properly.  I cut each letter 5 times from Accent Opaque 100lb. cardstock, dry fit them together and placed them where I wanted them on the card to determine where I should trim the 4 lower layers.  I marked those spots with a pencil, and did the cutting using a pair of Tim Holtz scissors.  I had all 4 layers clipped together with one of those black clips you find with the stationary.  Then I glued all the bits and pieces together that I needed, and added the full letter on top.  I was pleased when it actually worked out!  Then I found this tiny "friend" word in the Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Buzzwords stamp set, which I heat embossed in white on black cardstock.  I channeled my inner Jennifer McGuire and used pieces of the black cardstock to prop up the right side of the word to the same level as the "W." 😁  I didn't take a picture of the inside of my card, but I stamped "Like You, Friend" using stamps from the Kindness set and the "friend" from the Bitty Buzzwords set from Honey Bee Stamps.  I am very pleased with how this card came out!

--CHALLENGES--


Thanks for stopping by today!  Head on over to the Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz to share your "Birds of a Feather" creations with us!  The challenge runs for 2 weeks, so you have plenty of time.  Until next time,

💗 Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! 💗

~ Marie





No comments:

Post a Comment

ABC CHRISTMAS -- H IS FOR HATS, I IS FOR INKY

 Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  It's time again for a new challenge at ABC Christmas , where it's letters H and I...