Friday, February 16, 2024

{BYSHC} SKETCH 42, FEB 2024

 Hello crafty peeps!  I'm back on the blog to share my DT card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge, Sketch #42.  Here's the sketch:

And here is my card!


Friends, I am having the HARDEST time editing photos taken with my new phone!  My set up is the same as it was before, but the new camera just makes my pics look weird!  I have no idea what to do to change it, or if I even CAN change it.  <sigh>  

ANYWAY, I did manage to get a pic of this card edited to my satisfaction.  I had way more fun making this card then I did editing the pic!  I knew I wanted to use one of these adorable My Creative Time gingerbread die sets, and for this card, I chose the Sweet Gingerbread Companion for the body of my ginger.  Since the sketch challenge is also a Christmas card challenge, I used the Sweet Gingers Christmas Add-Ons die set to dress him up.  Isn't he just TOO CUTE dressed up like an elf?  I am IN LOVE with how he came together!  You can barely see it beneath the banner he is holding, but I also die cut the pirate vest from the Sweet Gingerbread Person Costumes #2 die set to add to his outfit. 

 The pink polka dotted paper is also from My Creative Time and is from the Ginger Chefs 6x6 paper pad.   The letters that spell out NOEL on the banner come from one of Emma's newer sets called Prim Hearts & Alpha.  Now, the cutie patootie face on the ginger comes from one of the MANY fabulous face sets from the Peachy Keen store, and it's called Rosie's Favorites Faces 1 1/8".  How can you not fall in love with a cute face like that?  Other supplies used to make this card include:

 White rectangle layer - Spellbinders A2 Card Creator Set A
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug/Provo Craft
Diamond Dotz - Frost
Oxide ink - Vintage Photo (ink blended on embossed panel)
Distress Ink - Festive Berries (cheeks)
white gel pen
Pompom - Hobby Lobby

CHALLENGES:

Sparkles Christmas:  Use Kraft card
Christmas Craft Creations Feb 24: Use stencils or embossing folders
Thanks for dropping by today!  If you haven't already, head on over to the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge blog to see what inspiration awaits from some of the other DT members AND join in the challenge yourself!  You KNOW you will be needing those Christmas cards, so why not get started now? 😉  

Until next time, take care! 

~ Marie 💖






19 comments:

  1. Such a fun card I love that cute image and so beautifully coloured.Thank you for sharing with us at Colorful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design! Thank you so much for joining us here at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable and I love the colors! Thanks for linking up at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cheerful card, the Elf is so cute. Lovely card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge. Debbie x [DT CRAFT Challenge. ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sketch presentation. I love this card. Thanks for playing with us at Penny's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute. Love this Elf.
    Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again.
    Alena DT Mirtillamente

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun little elf Marie. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marie, wow I am loving this card. It is amazing with the kraft card and the pink makes it pop. Great sketch to follow and your elf is adorable and so fun. Thanks for joining us over at Sparkles christmas. Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful, very cute, thanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Love this. She's so cute. Love the pink hat and shoes. Thanks for playing along with us at The Creative Crafter. Deanns DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and cute card! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Gosh! So cute! Thanks for sharing with over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute!! Thanks for joining the SheepSki Design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the Sheepski Designs Challenge Blog. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another adorable card, love the embossing and how sweet is the image!!
    Thank you so much for sharing again this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a happy card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute elf and the layout really fits her size. I'm saving your post so I remember to play along with the BYSHC challenge. Thank you for playing along with my kraft paper challenge. I hope to see you in the March, 2024 Sparkles Christmas Challenge as well. Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your gingerbread person is just so delightful, he certainly makes this one cheerful holiday card! Love that embossing in the background along with your color combination. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card. I love the wonderful embossed background and the fun color scheme. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Christmas Craft Creations Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...