Friday, November 30, 2012

Happy Friday!

     I'll bet alot of you out in bloggy land are saying that right about now!  For me though, this is my third day in my 3 days off this week  (I got to take my Thanksgiving holiday on Wed.), so tomorrow it's back to work I go.  Sigh.  Oh well, such is life!  I have some cards I made" fairly" recently that have not been shared here yet, so I thought I would do so today!

 
     This one I made after digging thru my stash to see what I had, and I found this tree in a package of goodies I had won from Jingle Belles last year.  Gorgeous, isn't it?  I probably did too much sponging of the snow drifts on this one, but oh well.  Also, I'm not sure if it's really visible in the pic or not, but I sprayed the whole card with a shimmery mist.  The sentiment showed up really well after clear embossing it, which I was very impressed with.  :)
 
     After playing with the trees the Belles sent me, I had to have the die for myself.  This is one of the cards I made with it.  This follows the same layout I used for these cards here.  I sprayed the panels with a green shimmery spray after embossing them, and sponged the edges of the tree.

     This card makes me giddy.  I just looooooove all the glitter on that tree!  :)  These panels are just inked directly on the inkpad.  One more card for good measure.

 
     This one was actually made for a challenge that I missed out on due to not realizing what the time difference was between here and the UK.  I think it was to use 3 punches.    At the time, I was inspired by one of the DT cards to go monochromatic.  Lucky me, I just happend to have some glitter paper that went well with the textured cardstock I wanted to use!  I love it when that happens!  :)
 
     Well, I suppose I have shared enough for today.  I hope you all enjoy your weekend, and get some more holiday stuff checked off your lists!
 
~Marie~


   
 
     


5 comments:

  1. Neat Christmas cards, Marie...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, marie, you will laugh at this, i was staring at the pink tree thinking, "you know, i think i have some FABRIC just like that!!!" and then of course i read the post, and DUH lauren, that came from me!!! :) :) :) you've used it brilliantly though, i love that card; i love all of them, naturally, but the pink one is my fave... b/c hey... i'm all about the PINK! ;)

    (& YES, don't you just LOVE that die?! it's one of my faves! i think the old school sizzix ones don't get promoted in the same way as the tims and MB etc-- which i loooooove too-- but that tree is the perfect size and shape, goes with EVERYTHING, and those steel dies will cut absolutely ANYTHING just like butta, lol!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree! I love the colors in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I love the die cut you used.


    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, thank you for the nice comment on my card, and thank you for letting me know you received your card. I honestly, wasn't sure I had even sent it. I lost my Christmas list, does that sound like me? Yes it does...LOL. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...