Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Festive Friday #40

Hello, and happy Tuesday!  I'm here this evening to share my card for Festive Friday challenge #40, for which this lovely picture is provided for inspiration:
 
 
Isn't that a beauty?  What soft yummy colors!  Of course I went with the obvious pink, and the shabby chic-ness of certain items in the photo for my card:
 
 
I cut my tree out of white card stock several times and cut the layers apart to add dimension.  Each layer is glued at the top and attached with dimensionals at the bottom to separate it from the next layer.  The doily is a Bird file found here, which I cut out of more patterned paper from the K and Company Brenda Walton 8.5 x 8.5 pad.  Satin ribbon came from the dollar store, half pearls I just bought at A.C. Moore, and pearl string from my stash.  Frayed Burlap and Spun Sugar distress ink used to ink the edges.  I couldn't find a good place for a sentiment, so I guess I'll just have to use one on the inside.  I really like how this turned out!
 
I'll also add this to:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~Marie~
 

8 comments:

  1. I love the layered tree and the pearly garland! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo . . . that inspiration pic is gorgeous! And your card is beautiful! Love the pink and the shabby feel to it. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for September - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty pink card, I love the tree and lovely pearl embellies too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with a beautifully decorated tree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, I love your beautiful tree and the wonderful vintage/shabby chic feel.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the layers you created with this Sissix die!

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...