Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Merry Monday #142: Houses

Happy Hump Day!  :)  2 more work days until the weekend!  WOOHOO!  Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE my new job, but having the weekends off is SO NICE for a change!  But we didn't come here to talk shop, did we?  ;)

I'm here to share with you my 1st official Christmas card for 2015:


I decided to go with a nice monochromatic color scheme, using the snowy postcard stamp I have been dreaming of owning for a good while now!  I just couldn't pay the regular price for it...that day- after-Christmas sale at Michael's came to my rescue this time, when the Christmas stamps were 75% off.  In my cart it went!  SO HAPPY!! 

The Spellbinders poinsettia may look planned, but it actually hides a pretty big booboo...I had worked so hard on getting the edges of the panel distressed juuuust right, adding ink in just the right places, running Stickles around the oval in the design...and then I get out my *new* clear glitter Wink of Stella pen.  Instead of trying it out on a scrap piece of paper like a *smart* crafter would, I tried to get it started on my image panel...I think you all know where this is going!  I was going to scrap it and start over, but my dear daughter Leandra suggested I cover it up instead.  I really hated to cover up any of this gorgeous stamp, but one must do what is necessary!

Well, this card is going to be entered into the following challenges:

Merry Monday #142:  Houses
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra:  Anything goes for Christmas
Jingle Belles: Bring in the New
Holly Jolly:  Lots of Sparkle (Stickles around the oval and the Wink of Stella you can't see!)
The Glory of Christmas:  Non-traditional colors
Crafty Calendar:  What's New?

Thanks for stopping by this evening!  Take care!

~Marie~

13 comments:

  1. I love the olde world look to your card - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card...I have this stamp and I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing cards made using it. If you wouldn't have said the flower was put on there to cover a mistake....Of course, I would never have guessed! It looks perfect on your card. I'm sure you know that you are NOT the first one who have had to do that....smile...
    I have personally lost count on how many times I had to do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter clearly understands the importance of an *embellishment opportunity* in card making ... gorgeous stamp and beautiful monochromatic palette ... so glad you brought in the new with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous Christmas card, one of my favourite images and your poinsettia looks fabulous - great idea from your daughter.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...just love the image and the poinsetta...Thank you for joining us over at
    http://the glory of christmas challenge...Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a beautiful card with unusual colors. Thank you for your participation in the Glory of Christmas Challenge.
    Best regards, Ursula DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 50 with your lovely card, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT - thanks also for entering this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card...I have this stamp but forgot abut it. Perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Marie! I love this Stampendous image and the monochromatic look! I too purchased my stamp when Michael's had it marked down, 2 years ago! LOL Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Marie, this image is so pretty. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning.....that image is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful holiday card!!! & for the record NO i would never have guessed the beautiful flower was a "cover up" it's such a great accent! (that leandra is clearly an apple that's fallen pretty close to her clever crafty mama's tree, lol!) :) :) :) thanks for rockin' the new goodies with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...