Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Merry Christmas Candy Canes

Holy cow, it's March already!  Where is the year disappearing to??  I wish I could answer that question, but since I can't, how about a Christmas card?

 
This is my DT card for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Extra., so of course the image is from Bugaboo.  I suggest you join in on this challenge, especially if you would love to win $21 worth of Bugaboo images!  This is Poppi Xmas Candycane, and as with all the Poppi images, I love him!  I colored him and fussy cut him out, something I rarely do, so I could pop him on the front of this Silhouette Candy cane card cut file.  You can kinda see the Wink of Stella...every time I say that in my head I think "Stella!" ala "A Street Car Named Desire."  I know, I'm weird!  Anyway, I used Wink of Stella all over the red piece, and the white is shimmer cardstock.  The sentiment is Studio G, stamped in Memento Lady Bug ink.  Poppi's hat is sporting some red Stickles on the berries, and white puffy paint on the brim and pompom.
 
Challenges:
 
12 Months of Christmas Link Up #15:  Anything Christmas or optional Holiday Decorations theme
(I think candy canes fit into that category!)
The Glory of Christmas #79:  Anything Christmas or optional Jesus is born theme
CHNC #270:  Use a sentiment
Holly Jolly #66:  Getting Sentiment-al
Winter Wonderland:  Use a sentiment
Christmas Card Challenges #13:  Anything goes or optional photo inspiration
Card Mania #78:  Spots and/or Stripes
Create and Inspire #40:  Anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday:  Anything goes
Crafting with Friends #15:  Anything goes
Word Art Wednesday #220:  Anything goes
 
 
Thanks to you all for joining me this evening...stay safe and God Bless!
 
~Marie~
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Such a bold bright fun card , Marie. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this sweet penguin! ♥ Great card! Thank you for joining with us at Card mania challenge!

    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabulous, fun penquin card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card,big bold colors,thanks for joining in with us at 12moc and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy canes certainly fit into the Christmas decorations theme at 12 Months of Christmas, Marie. Your cheery holiday card is perfect for our challenge this month. Thank you for sharing with us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link-Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely design inspiration for CHNC challenge extra for March x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This penguin is so much fun, I love it!
    Thanks for sharing it at Card mania :) Kaja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your candy canes are so bright and fun!Thanks for sharing at The Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Glory of Christmas - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card!! Thank you for joining us at the 12 months of Christmas link up!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks also for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 270 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, love the larger candy canes behind the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.
    Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. He really is cute. When I first looked he appeared to be a 'bah humbug' type of penguin, then looked again and saw it wasn't an upside down mouth but a very full tummy. Really cute and the candi canes work well with him. Thanks for playing along with our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and hope to see you joining us again
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is super cute!! Your little penguin is adorable and those candy canes are a really fun background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.
    Granmargaret
    DT for The Glory of Christmas
    Granmargaret’s cards ‘n’ stuff – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you also for joining the challenge at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Hope to see you there again next time.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...