Monday, June 1, 2020

CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND JUNE 2020 --USE A RECYCLED ITEM

Hello friends; welcome back to my blog!  I'm glad you have taken some time to stop by and see what I have to show you today!  As always, I hope you are all staying safe and well as the world starts to open things back up.  I am anxious for things to get back to more of a "normal" routine!

Anyway, I'm back today to share with you my DT card for the current Christmas Crafts All Year Round challenge --USE A RECYCLED ITEM.


My recycled item of choice is a tissue box.  Whether or not I buy a tissue box depends on if I think I can reuse it as patterned paper!  😉  This is the third time I have done this, once here, and also here.  I loved both of my other cards, and this one is no exception!  I have 6 other Christmas-themed tissue boxes in que, just waiting to be opened, the tissues used, and then recycled.  😀

So, this fella is called Winter Louie. He is an old Digi Stamp Boutique character, but sadly, the company ceased operations a couple of years ago.  I still love this guy though, and I have him in many different types of images.  He is just too stinkin' CUTE!  He was colored using Prismacolor alcohol markers, and I used some light blue Copics for the snowy ground, and his "aura." I would like to point out that I did something my buddy Renee at Delaney Jane Cards had done recently to another cute bear...you can watch her video here.  Obviously, I had to color him in red and green to match the tissue box pattern.  For sparkle and shine, I added Star Dust Stickles to the snowy ground and the white areas of his hat.  I cut him out using a Spellbinders classic oval, and then glued that to a dark green scalloped oval, also from Spellbinders.  These are the PERFECT size to cover the opening in the tissue box.  I channeled my inner Jennifer McGuire by using small strips of a dark red card stock to "mat" the tissue box panel.  The sentiment comes from a stamp set by Our Craft Lounge called Merry and Bright, which I had somehow won YEARS ago.  It is stamped in Memento Cottage Ivy ink.

--CHALLENGES--

Love to Craft #47:  ATG (2/5)
Mix it Up #38:  ATG (2/5)
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #39:  ATG using a critter
Colour Crazy #21:  ATG with coloring (2/2)
Fab 'n' Funky #483:  Christmas
Penny's Paper-Crafty #472:  ATG using paper (2/3)
CHNC #492:  ATG Christmas
Thanks again for stopping by today...don't forget to pop over to the Christmas Crafts All Year Round blog to see what the rest of the DT has created.  You will not be disappointed!

Take care, and God Bless.

~Marie~


26 comments:

  1. Very cute! You are so disciplined and ahead of schedule. I wish I would plan more!!! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, first: love the new logo /watermark! It is fantastic. ♡ second: that bear is super adorable. I can see why he is a favorite. Third: I'm so glad you stippled him. He looks so fuzzy. Fourth: love that I'm your buddy. Best part of this post. ♡ -Renee'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea to recycle the tissue box this way and your card is lovely - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty this time and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Thanks for joining us at the Colour it, Create it, Show it off Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recycle! I'm glad you added a description so we can appreciate the work. Thanks for joining in at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bear! thank you for sharing at Besties International Challenge blog =)
    XoXo
    Raelma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas card, very cute bear. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " Include a bear" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super duper cute! As is Renee's comment. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute design! You did a fantastic job of making the bear look fuzzy with your stippled colouring. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie....lovely to see you joining in with us sweetie! Such a gorgeous card too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi teamie.. I love your Christmas card. What a cute image and beautiful coloring. The background paper is perfect. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great card! I love the upcycle aspect with your tissue box...lot of dimension on this.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. How clever!! What a splendid creation!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)
    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  14. So darn cute and so creative, brilliant! So glad you joined is at Christmas with the Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This project is too darn cute!! I can't get enough of it!
    This is Brian from Penny's Challenge Blog's DT. Thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute use of a tissue box. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to see a Digistamp image once more...so cute and perfect for Christmas with the Cuties!! Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic Christmas card. Thanks you for joining with us at My Besties INternational challenge.
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another adorable cutie,Marie, and so sweet for Christmas! This time, I'm putting on 2 DT hats to say thanks for playing in our challenges at Digi Doodle Studios and at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Good luck in both of them.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet card!
    Thank you for joining our challenge over at Digi Doodle Studios!
    Hope to see you again!
    DT Fikreta😺

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute!! Thanks for sharing your card at Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely and sweet card, love the image you chose and your colouring is admirable.…
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Claudia Martins - DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. So adorable! Beautifully Coloured! Love it! Thank you for Joining us at DDS Challenge - Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful creation beautiful colouring!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge June "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute and sweet Christmas card! Way to go on recycling! Thanks for joining us at LTCCB
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute little Christmas Bear! Thank you so much for joining the DDS Anything Goes June Challenge! -DT Meghan

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...