Wednesday, November 25, 2020

COLLECTED CRAFTY COLLABS -- NOVEMBER EDITION -- CHRISTMAS AND/OR TEXTURE PASTE/MOUSSE

 Hey friends!  It's that time of the month again, where a bunch of my crafty friends and I dig around in our stashes to find and use some of those supplies we have been "squirreling away" for a rainy day.  You should have arrived here from Val's Instagram. Well, today may or may not be a rainy day, but I'm still here to share what I made for our theme this month:


This card was a fun one for me to make.  My first step was to ink blend the Strathmore Bristol smooth  6x6 panel with Chipped Sapphire and Wilted Violet Oxide inks.  After I dried it with my heat tool, I used my never-before-opened Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with the Echo Park Jingle  Bell Snowflakes stencil.  I quickly removed the stencil and placed it and my palette knife in some warm soapy water.  Then I sprinkled Distress Rock Candy glitter onto the paste.  I left the panel to dry while I worked on die cutting the pieces for this adorable gnome that comes from the Gina K/Thermoweb Gnome for the Holidays kit.  If you haven't seen this sold-out kit, it comes with a die set to make gnomes and trees, a 6x8 stamp set, a detail stencil, and Fancy Foils in Glimmering Gold and Sparkling Silver.  I truly wanted the kit mostly for the gorgeous foils, but I can definitely see me making more cards with cute gnomes!

Anyway, I cut the pieces I wanted all from 110lb. white Recollections cardstock.  I colored the hat and body pieces using the same Oxide inks, and used my alcohol markers to color the nose, beard, and shoes.  I did use the coordinating stencil to apply Star Dust Stickles to the hat, and to the ball at the end of the hat.  When my panel was dry, I cut it down using the largest die from the Spellbinders Card Creator Set B.  I also cut a matting layer from navy cardstock using the largest die from the A set.  I assembled my gnome and decided that he looked best in the lower left corner of the card.  My lovely Squirrel Sister Karen (misplaced mojo) suggested that I add the vellum snowflake behind him, and I'm glad she did!  I love the added layer of texture, and that it doesn't really cover up too much of the background.  For the sentiment, I used Sizzix/Tim Holtz Christmas Sentiments 1 for the die cut "Merry," which I cut from the same white cardstock 3 times.  The top layer was softly ink blended with Wilted Violet Oxide ink from the bottom up to create an ombre look.  Which I happened to like the look of much better before I continued on by adding Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to it.  I think those 2 products washed out the ink.  Oh well, it's done now!  Here's a couple different pics:


Hopefully you can see the glitter on the snowflakes!

--CHALLENGES--

ABC Christmas:  W for Winter Wonderland, and X for Extra Special (this could be both maybe?)
Craft Rocket #76:  Christmas/Winter
Daisy Chain #47:  Christmas is Coming
Paper Funday #23:  ATG (4/4)
Not Just Cards:  ATG (3/5)
Dragonfly Dreams:  Christmas/Winter (7/7)
Cardz 4 Galz #135:  Cute Christmas (2/3)
Creative Craft Cottage #135:  Christmas/Winter (3/5)
Polkadoodles #47:  ATG (2/2)
Digi Choosday #47:  ATG (1/2)
Little Red Wagon #577:  Prepared for Christmas 
Crafty Catz #528:  ATG with optional Christmas (2/3)
CHNC #517:  ATG Christmas
Papercraft Challenges #64:  Self Made Background

Ok, that's it for me for this month's hop; make sure you keep hopping to TERESA'S BLOG to see what she has made for our hop; I know I can't wait to see everyone's creations!
Until next time, my friends,
Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless!

~Marie~

Please come see me on these other social media sites! Thank you!  😀







32 comments:

  1. How adorable card, Marie! Love this gnome and all the snowflakes! The color combination for the background is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Snowflakes, a cute Gnome and purple too! Home run. Love your card. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors choice ! It really pops out ! It's super cute and pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so great to see your card again. I saw it on Facebook. Love the colors and the gnome is just too cute. I need to get this cutie. Great snowflakes and glad you shared over at Cardz 4 galz, Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love your color combination Marie! And that gnome is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card love the cute gnome,texture and glitter.Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi me again lol just to say-Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a funny card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Marie. I love the inked background. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the detail in this card. Gnomes are so in right now and I'm really loving the cards with them. Love your texture. Thanks for playing along with our For the Boys challenge at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colour combo, wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional "something beginning with R" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous winter card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us and Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love how this card turned out!!! And I am glad you liked my suggestions! I love that we have each other to bounce ideas off of and to help push ourselves out of our crafty ruts 😊 Sorry to be so late in commenting, but as you know... migraine, holiday, BF... ugh. But I had to pop in and tell you how much I love this card!!! Well done, squirrel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Marie! Love that gorgeous texture and it's the perfect backdrop for that sweet little gnome! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello again Marie, I am commenting this time on behalf of the Crafter's Castle Challenge Blog. This card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at the Castle. HUGS, Tracy, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marie this is lovely. The background is amazing and yes, you can see the snowflakes glittering away. The vellum on behind the gnome works really well.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous as always! I love the little gnome and the color is beyond stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your background, the colours are beautiful

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this time, hope you will join in with us again, real soon
    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the gnome. Thanks for sharing your cute card with us 12 Months of Christmas. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card ,love your image and card design...Thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE ,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. So cute! Thanks for entering Polkadoodles Chooseday Challenge. Madison x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. walmart credit card apply online

    ReplyDelete
  31. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... Blog commenting

    ReplyDelete
  32. You first have a fantastic blog. I'll be interested in other subjects that are comparable. I can tell you have some pretty great themes; I'll check your blog frequently, thanks. I really enjoyed reading your post. If you're playing Skyrim and aren't sure how to cap FPS? If so, you ought to read this post How to Cap FPS in Skyrim. This article provides some advice.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...