Wednesday, July 21, 2021

SQUIRRELS GONE NUTZ -- CHRISTMAS IN JULY AND ACETATE --JULY 21, 2021


Hello friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  I hope all is well with you, and that you are staying healthy.  It's that time of the month again, when the Squirrel Squad and I drag out those supplies we've squirreled away and put them to good use!  If you are hopping along, you should have come from the wonderful Lounon's blog, Craft Me, Craft Moi.
Since it is July, I suggested Christmas for our theme.  I know that no one is at all surprised by that!  For our supply, acetate was picked from our list. I would think that most card makers' first thought would be to make a shaker.  I totally did not want to do that, since that is what would be predicted.  Time and other ideas got away from me though, so I did end up making a shaker.  It's not the "normal" shaker though...I decided to try a full panel shaker instead!


I have been so inspired lately by AmyR at Prairie Paper & Ink on YouTube, and also by Nina Marie Trapani's latest video about full panel shaker cards, that I decided now was the perfect time to try one!  I have had this piece of plastic with the snowflakes on it since December when I received it as a treat bag full of goodies.  That's right, the bag was so pretty, that I just HAD to save it and re-purpose it!  I washed it and cut it apart, and now is its time to shine!  I also grabbed a shimmer powder panel that I created a couple of months ago and embossed it with a TOTALLY  GORGEOUS 3D snowflake folder from Sizzix, just like Nina Marie did in her video.  I continued following what she did by adding Brilliance Moonlight White ink to the raised areas, and then heat embossing with Ranger's holographic powder.  It looked SO GORGEOUS afterward!  It was a shame that I had to cover it up, but I have another similar panel that I can do the same steps with and NOT cover it up. 😀

Next, I used strong double sided tape by Scrapbook.com on the back of the panel, and adhered the plastic sheet to it, keeping one side open for the addition of the sequins.  The sequins I used are:
Moonshine Confetti by Cartwright's, Blue Blizzard blend, Frozen blend, and Winter Mix all from Sparkle Blends.  After closing up the fourth side, I added more tape, and adhered my shaker panel to a purple cardstock mat from my stash.  Incidentally, both panels were die cut using Spellbinders Card Creator die sets.  More double sided tape was added to the back of the purple panel, and then adhered to the card base.

For the sentiment, I pulled out the Christmas Phrases die sets (Tim Holtz/Sizzix), and cut "Winter" and "Wishes" 3 times each from the same purple cardstock.  I adhered them together using Bearly Art glue, and then adhered them to the panel with the same glue.  It worked very well, I might add!  When that was dry, I added several layers of clear Wink of Stella to the words so they would be as sparkly and shiny as the rest of the card!  See?




--CHALLENGES--

CHNC #551:  ATG Christmas
Crafty Calendar:  ATG (3/3)
Love to Craft #60:  ATG (4/5)
Mix it Up #51:  ATG (4/5)
Crafty Gals Corner #221:  Christmas in July (2/3)
Digi Doodle Studios #40:  Christmas in July (3/3)
A Place to Start:  Craft your favorite holiday/celebration (2/8)
SheepSki Designs #52:  Celebration (3/3)
Dragonfly Dreams:  Christmas in July (2/3)
Pearly Sparkles #64:  Favorite time of year
Creative Craft Cottage #142:  Christmas in July (2/5)
Cardz 4 Gals #151:  Christmas in July 
Polkadoodles #29:  ATG (2/2)
Digi Choosday #29:  ATG (1/2)
Sweet Stampin':  Create your own background
Crafty Catz #560:  ATG w/optional Christmas in July
The Outlawz Twisted Thursday:  Christmas in July
Sparkles Christmas:  More than 1 Snowflake
Papercraft Challenges:  Shaker Cards

That's all from me!  Your next stop on the hop is the sweet Bory at Bory's Crafting Place.  Please leave us some comment love, and consider subscribing to our blogs and other social media sites, if you haven't already!  We hope you have been inspired today!  Until next time friends,

Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless!

~ Marie









32 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Marie ! Great choice of colors !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! Marie this is GORGEOUS! The sneak peek I had didn't do it justice. The full shaker is brilliant and a good use for the bag you saved. And I would have saved it too! My hubby just rolls his eyes at me. LOL Gorgeous colors and I love all the details in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shaker card Marie. The soft blue, silver and white are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous glittery Winter wonderland card, Marie. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love love your idea of repurposing those holiday treat bags into a project! It's inspiring! Your card is absolutely beautiful, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Marie, this is such a stunning card!! Just looking at the pictures I thought that these snowflakes were die cuts but what a great idea to reuse the treat bag! The background is gorgeous too and I love the soft colors! Happy to see you taking part in the Christmas Craft Creations challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner this shaker card is!! Adore the icy colours and added sparkle!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, so pretty and seasonal Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is really beautiful! Lovely colours and a great shaker. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its lovely and the colours look great, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Awesome colors and love the shaker idea. Stunning card. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz, Crafty Gals Corner, Crafty Catz, (you should enter over at Sparkles Christmas -more than 1 snowflake) Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really lovely Marie. I like the shaker element and the colour scheme. Thank you for entering the Christmas in July Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has turned out so beautifully!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marie: I've seen your amazing Christmas card in some Facebook groups yesterday and today, so I've already emoji-ed your pics! All tones and shades of purple are my favorite, so you had me hooked with the colors from the get-go. As I've read your posting, the details on how you recycled the treat bag and made the background panel just have me shaking my head in wonder! :) FABulous card!!! Thanks for linking to and supporting APTS challenge blog! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here I am with another hat on. Love your card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love how it came out! The colors and embelishments are lovely!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! Thanks for sharing your projects at Crafting Happiness Challenges! Hope you'll link up in this week's challenge as well if you haven't already.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous shaker card, I love all the cool colour tones. Thanks for joining in our July 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous festive creation I love the colours and the wonderful design thank you for joining our challenge at DRAGONFLY DREAMS this month
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! Love the colors and all the sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. brilliant card love your colour combo and thanks for sharing at DDS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, Marie! I love these all-over shakers, I'm glad you went with that. What lovely cool winter colors for your pretty snowflakes! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card, lovely icy colour tones. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month and good luck with your entry Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. A great card - thanks for sharing it at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful shaker card!!
    Thanks for playing along at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely card. So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digichoosday. Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  30. lovely card.Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...