Thursday, September 1, 2022

I'VE JOINED ANOTHER DESIGN TEAM!

 Hello friends!  It's September 1st (already!), and I have some news to share!  I am now a DT member for the Merry Little Christmas Challenge!  Honestly, this is right up my alley, as my blog description states:  I love to make Christmas cards, and I have the stash of supplies to prove it!  I appreciate any opportunity I can get to make more cards for my Christmas card stash.  Speaking of that stash, here is the one I made for this challenge to add to it:


I did some rearranging in my craft room recently, where I rediscovered the Gina K Gnome for the Holidays Kit that she did in collaboration with Therm-O-Web a few years ago.  I just love these little guys and all the different products that were made to coordinate with them.  When the Festive Fall Bundle came around later on, I grabbed it also.  I couldn't resist those tiny little coffee cup dies, and the fact that the gnomes now had hands to hold things!
So, for my card, I die cut all the pieces needed to assemble 2 gnomes from scraps of cardstock.  The bodies, hats, and shoes were cut from colored cardstock.  I used the coordinating stencil to ink blend some detail to the hats using the ink left on my green and blue blending brushes.  The hands and noses were cut from white and colored with an E11 Copic marker.  I die cut the beards from some heavyweight white felt I had bought a few years ago for another project.  I think this adds some fun texture to my card!  The coffee cups were also cut from white cardstock scraps and given a bit of shading with C3 and C1 Copics.  The lids were cut from black cardstock.
The card base is a mini slimline that I covered with a paper from Lawn Fawn's Spring Fling 6x6 paper pad to act as the sky.  Next, I die cut some white cardstock with the Stitched Hillside Borders also from Lawn Fawn.  The hill in the back is glued down flat, while I added foam tape to the hill in the front. Star Dust Stickles was added to the tops of both hills.  The trees are from the Gnome for the Holidays kit; the 2 in the back are glued down flat, and foam tape was added to the top of the frontmost tree, for just the slightest bit of dimension.  I covered all 3 trees in Star Dust Stickles.  I wish it showed better in my photo, instead of looking more like a clear glitter! ๐Ÿ˜ž I haven't added a sentiment yet, but it will most likely be "cheers."  
Assembly of the gnomes took place on the card front, starting at the bottom and working my way up from there.  A combination of glue and foam tape was used in this process, depending on where the different pieces would lay on the card.  And that's it!

--CHALLENGES--

CCAYR:  Christmas/Winter Hot Drink
Christmas Craft Creations:  Winter Activities (they're walking in the snowy woods with some hot beverages)
Thanks for stopping by today!  Many thanks to Leslie for giving me this opportunity to be on her MLCCB team!  I look forward to spending some fun times creating more Christmas cards, and hopefully digging into some of my stash that is sorely under-utilized!  Have a great day, and until next time,

๐Ÿ’— Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! ๐Ÿ’—

~ Marie



10 comments:

  1. WOW, Lots of time and love went into this card. So very cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas in our "Anything Goes with an option of Autumn".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your sweet gnomes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Christmas with the Cuties with your lovely card with such cute little gnomes on.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie,
    this is such a lovely Christmas card and a beautiful design also.
    Love the wonderful scene you have created and those gnomes are so cute.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful Christmas card. You've created a lovely scene with fabulous textures and those super cute gnomes.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore September Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh your card is so adorable, I love the gnomes!! Thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color combos on this perfectly marvelous gnome card! Congrats on the new design team, too! Thanks for playing with us at The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge! Nan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable card!!! so sweet! thank you for sharing with us at My Besties International Challenge blog. hugs, Raelma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card Marie. I like your colour scheme too. Thank you for entering the Fur, Fluff, Feathers or Fins Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...