Wednesday, December 7, 2022

GUEST DESIGN SPOT FOR SWEET SKETCH WEDNESDAY 2 -- DECEMBER 7, 2022

Hello dear friends!  How are you doing now that we are mere WEEKS away from the BIG DAY?  I myself am starting to freak out a bit, as I don't have any cards ready to mail out yet.  UGH!!  Making them is one thing, but sending them is quite another, isn't it?  I'll be off Thursday and Friday this week, so I am planning to put a dent in it then.  Cross your fingers for me, will ya?  😉

Anyway, for today's post, I have 2 cards to share with you that I created as a guest designer for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 challenge.  Each month, there are 2 sketches provided, and you can work with one or both.  There is also an optional twist to spark your creativity.  Here are the sketches for this month:


The optional twist is Ditsy & Dotty (Spots & Stripes).  Here are my cards, using only the first sketch:



For the blue card, I used beautiful papers from the 6x6 Oh Holy Night paper pad from Hobby Lobby, and this gorgeous Momenta dove die set, also from Hobby Lobby.  I cut the dove parts from gold foil paper, and I partially cut the wing design from the white glitter cardstock I have been using lately in order to inlay the leafy part of the design back into the gold wing. Honestly, I did that to hide the fact that I made one HECK of a mess getting glue on the gold foil.  UGH.  I did my best to clean it up, and the finished result looks fine.  I used some white Diamond Dotz over the holes in the design, and a holographic one for the eye.  When I bought these, I actually thought that the holographic ones looked black, which is why I bought them.  Guess I'll have to go back to JoAnn's for some more!   The peace and joy words are also part of the dove die set, so I cut them from the same white glitter cardstock and used them as the side elements on the sketch.

For my second card, I used papers from the Christmas Gingerbread Kisses 6x6 paper pad from My Creative Time.  This company is fairly new to me, but I have to say that I am in love with their gingerbread products!  SO CUTE!!!  The cutie patootie gingerbread in a hot cocoa cup image also comes from the paper pad, and was die cut with the die that coordinates with the You Warm My Heart stamp and die combo.  That's another thing I love about this company...Emma (the owner) sells the stamp sets and coordinating dies together, and the price point is excellent.  Not only that, but oftentimes the dies will correspond to images in the paper pads that you can cut out for quick card making.  How's that for fantastic??  And that isn't all; the die sets always contain dies to cut out the SENTIMENTS!!!  My mind is literally blown by how well-thought-out Emma's products are. 💥 Obviously, the sentiment comes from the You Warm My Heart stamp set.
I was lucky enough to find coordinating cardstock colors in my stash to make mats for all the papers on both cards. 😁

--CHALLENGES--

Winter Wonderland:  ATG (1/3)
Crafty Calendar:  ATG (1/3)
613 Avenue Create #12:  ATG w/optional twist --Up in the Sky
Critter Crazy #69:  ATG with a featured critter (dove)
The Paper Funday #48:  ATG w/optional twist - Holiday Time
A Place to Start #12:  ATG w/optional twist - Happy Holidays
SheepSki Designs:  Tis the Season (1/3) 
Crafty Friends #162:  Traditional Christmas Colors
The Crafting Challenge:  Christmas (1/3)
Incy Wincy Designs:  Christmas (1/5)
Sparkles Challenge #15:  Dies and/or Punches
Fab 'n' Funky #562:  Die Cuts or Embossing only, NO Stamping
The Sisterhood of Crafters:  ATG Christmas or Winter
Cardz 4 Galz #187:  Anything from the 12 Days of Christmas (dove)
Double Trouble #127:  Kaleidoscope of colors (Thing 1 choice - you choose the theme and colors)
Peace on Earth Christmas #29:  ATG Christmas (1/3)
QKR Stampede #457:  ATG (1/3)


I thank you so much for dropping by today!  I know that the designers over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 have created lovely projects using these sketches, so head on over to the challenge blog to check them out!  You have all month (pretty much) to play along, so hopefully you can find a few hours of creative time here and there to join in with a card or two!  That's all for now, friends.  Take Care.

~ Marie 💗










18 comments:

  1. Both cars are fabulous!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth, The Sisterhood and Four Seasons!
    Diane POE and FS Co-Owner, TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely sketch Marie and you've put it to great use in creating these two beautiful cards.Thank you for joining in with our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both are absolutely beautiful and what a great sketch! I especially love the first card, it's stunningly elegant, but how adorable is that cute gingerbread boy in the cup of cocoa!!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made 2 lovely Christmas cards... thanks for entering the gingerbread card in to the 'Traditional Christmas Colours' challenge at Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope you will join us again.
    Diane Louise (Team Leader) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.. what pretty and amzing work! I really love it! Both cards are just fantastic!!!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dove and I love the range of patterned papers in the background. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, beautiful cards and excellent interpretation of the sketches, love the combination of patterned papers used on your gingerbread hugs, and what a beautiful bird and background on the other card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT. We wish you a Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty card! <3 thank you for sharing with us at My Besties International Challenge Blog. hugs, Raelma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie, what fun cards! I especially like the hot cocoa one with the gingerbread man taking a hot soak! Love how you combined all the pattern papers so artfully, too. Thank you for sharing your cards and creativity with us at Double Trouble!! We look forward to your 2023 creative projects! Happy holidays from the Double Trouble DT's!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love your mix of papers! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marie: Your art is amazing and always a BIG blessing to us at Word Art Wednesday and The Four Seasons Challenge. I enjoy seeing your wonderful creativity and I appreciate you. I do hope that you will come and participate in our BLOG HOP at Word Art Wednesday. LOTS of great prizes are out there to be won by commenting. I always appreciate you and hope to see you at both challenges again soon. Blessing to you, my friend.
    Karen L, DT
    The Four Seaons
    Word Art Wednesday

    BLOG HOP - www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday
    The Inspiration Station
    **starting 15 January - Beautiful Blossoms

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you very much for entering your lovely cards into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are so bright and pretty, Marie! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #127.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards - great use of the sketch.

    Thanks for joining us at The 12 Months of Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...