Saturday, July 1, 2023

SQUIRRELZ STASH BASH -- CHRISTMAS IN JULY W/FOIL -- JULY 1, 2023

Hello, and welcome back to my blog!  My Squirrel Sisters and I are back again to inspire you with some Christmas in July cards for our Squirrelz Stash Bash Hop!


This month's supply is FOIL, in any form that it comes in.  I don't have a hot foil system, so I simply used some foil cardstock on my card:

So, I went WAY OFF BASE with my card this month by making a pastel rainbow unicorn slimline card!  OK, so technically it's a Pegasus, but I had it already stamped and cut out, so it fit the bill for our challenge, which is to use the stuff we have not been using!  By the way, almost of all the stamps and dies I've used on this card are from Whimsy Stamps.  The Slimline Fancy Frame die cut was also sitting around from a recent 180-degree card making turn.  So, I inked up the panel with the 6x9 It's Cloudy stencil, and while that dried a bit, I dug around for the light pink foil cardstock I KNEW I had (I couldn't find it at first!) to die cut this rainbow from the Array of Rainbows die set.  I die cut the larger cloud from the set from my favorite Pen+Gear white glitter paper and adhered that to the top of the rainbow with glue and foam tape.  The unicorn is from the Unicorn Wishes stamp set and I colored it with Copics.  It was suggested to me by a good friend (thanks, Karen!) that the unicorn needed a Santa hat.  I knew that I could most likely find something in one of my Lawn Fawn sets that sadly don't get enough use either.  The only hat I found that would fit was this one from the Yeti or Not stamp set.  I colored and fussy cut it out and glued it to the top of the unicorn's head.  This necessitated the removal of one of the unicorn's ears that stuck out from above the hat. 😨  The unicorn is also popped up on foam tape.  Oh, and the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Winter Unicorn mini stamp set. 😉  The card base is a 3.5x 8.5 slimline.  Here is a better pic of the true foil colors (except for the holographic stripe in the middle) 😒


OK, friends, your next stop on the hop is the incredible Karen at Misplaced Mojo.  In case you get lost somehow, here is the full hop list (it's small!)

Marie (that's me!)

Thanks for stopping by today, and Merry Christmas in July!  

~Marie





3 comments:

  1. So pretty and adorable Marie ! I really like how you used your foiled cardstocks. And the hat was definitely the perfect final touch !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! See, the Santa hat looks awesome!!! As does your pastel rainbow... though I'm still mind blown that you went for such a non-traditional take on Christmas considering the wealth of traditional Christmas cards you've made in the past! I love how you were able to repurpose those unused card pieces and it all goes together so well!!! I also appreciate that you trusted me with a sneak peek! 💓Oh, and I totally understand those 180° turns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out super cute! You know I love a non-traditional card! And frankly I'd wish for a unicorn, so this seems right up my alley! The foiled rainbow is perfection and honestly, I wouldn't have known the hat wasn't part of the original design so good add (and good idea Karen!)

    ReplyDelete

SQUIRRELZ STASH BASH -- MAY 1, 2024 -- THE OLDER, THE BETTER!

Howdy, crafty friends!  The time has come for my Squirrel Sisters and I to get together and use some of our supplies that have been languish...