Friday, October 20, 2023

FALLING FOR THE HOLIDAYS 2023 {BYSHC} LINKY PARTY!

 Hey, hey, friends!  It's time for another {BYSHC} Linky Party!  WOOHOO!!


That's right, crafty peeps, get those Christmas and holiday card making supplies out of storage (GASP!), dust them off and put them to use!  Or, if you're like me and keep them close at hand, just pick something out of your stash and start creating!

My first hop card is also my second card for Sketch #38:


This card did not turn out as I had envisioned it, but I still think it's cute.  I used two stencils from one of our FABULOUS sponsors, A Colorful Life Designs.  The white card layer features one of Mary Kay's newest stencils called Merry Christmas.  I masked off and inked every other row using oxide inks in Lumberjack Plaid and Lucky Clover.  After the ink was dry, I laid the stencil back over the cardstock, but just a little offset, and then spread Star Dust Stickles through it.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the effect is so cool in real life!  For the four smaller pieces of the sketch, I used another new stencil called Layered Gingerbread.  Since developing a love for gingerbread things (Thanks, Jillian Norwood!), I just HAD to have this stencil set!  I ink blended the cute gingy bodies with Ground Espresso oxide ink, and for the sweet little smiley faces, I used black Pops of Color from Scrapbook.Com.  To tone down the white of this layer, I blended the residual ink left on the brush all over the panel.
After everything was dry, I die cut the Merry Christmas panel with the largest Sprinkles Scallops Rectangle die from Whimsy Stamps and adhered it flat to a slightly larger green cardstock layer.  The gingerbread piece was cut to the specifications of the sketch and glued down flat to the Merry Christmas layer.  For the circle element of the sketch, I pulled out this ADORABLE 2x2 Gingerbread Man Stamp from Dianna Marcum.  I LOVE HIM!!!!  So, so cute!  I colored him with Copics, and for a special touch, I added white puffy paint to the icing, and Xmas Red Stickles to the heart.  He is also decorated with some white gel pen.  I did pop him up on foam tape for some dimension.  The sentiment is from the Gingerbread Kisses stamp set by Avery Elle and was die cut using one of the dies from the Quick Strips die set from Whimsy Stamps.  This die set is super handy for die cutting sentiments!

Well, that is all from me today, my friends!  I'm glad you stopped by, and make sure you head on over to the {BYSHC} blog to participate in the Linky Party!  There are many fabulous sponsors again this time, so you don't wanna miss it!  😊

Take care!

~ Marie




5 comments:

  1. Ohhh... such a cute card, Marie!! Love the stenciled backgrounds you created for your layers! That gingerbread is just the sweetest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so ADORABLE! I love the gingerbread!

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...