Tuesday, February 20, 2024

A COLORFUL LIFE DESIGNS CARD INSPIRATION: ST. PADDY'S HEART STENCIL

Hello crafty peeps!  It's time for me to share another card for the A Colorful Life Design team.  This card features the St. Paddy's Heart 6x6 stencil:


I actually borrowed a page out of Miss Amy's book of tricks (Amy's Wares) from this video when I created this card.  I dry embossed the stencil as well as ink blending through it, and then added highlights with a white gel pen to add the look of lots of dimension.  I love how it came out!  I decided that the Garden Gnome die from Lawn Fawn needed to transform into a leprechaun to go with this shamrock-filled heart shape.  I had tons of fun paper piecing this guy together using green cardstock from my stash.  He's having fun throwing gold up in the air, and to create this look, I used some of the FABULOUS new bling also from A Colorful Life Designs.  This shiny gold is called Metallic Gold Card Bling, and this is just one of the absolutely gorgeous colors of bling that Mary Kay has in the shop!  What I love the best (besides the fab colors!), is that there aren't any holes in these for any glue to squeeze through.  This gold also pairs perfectly with the gold foil cardstock from Recollections that I used to mat the image panel.  For an added whimsical touch, I attached the gnome/leprechaun to an action wobbler.  The sentiment is from the Magic Messages stamp set also by Lawn Fawn, stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink.  

That's it, my friends!  Until next time, take care!

~ Marie 💖




No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...