Saturday, September 21, 2013

On Your Wedding Day!

One of my coworkers is getting married today!  The newlyweds are supposed to be having a reception/get together at their home later today, but the weather looks to be foreboding!  We shall see what happens!  Anyway, I made them a card based on one of my "pins":

I think that this is the shade of blue that Rachel has chosen, based on a pic she posted of Jeff on FB trying on his suit.  (Crossing my fingers here!)  The flowers are those "wedding flowers" that Michael's carries in the bridal section, and the gems are "cell phone" bling that I've had for ages, colored with a Sharpie.  The embossing was done with the Divine Swirls folder.  I hope they like it!

Take care!

~Marie~

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card!!!

    To answer your question on my blog of the Colored Angel:


    To Create the color variations on the angel, I stamped in Mediterranean Blue, I then took the Copic in Prussian Blue and colored areas to leave some inked areas open. Over the copic pen, I applied glossy accents. In the inked areas I added pearl accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, Your wedding card is so lovely. Please don't forget to send me your mailing address so I can send your blog candy ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely wedding card. I like the flowers set in a circle that way. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks stunning! I love the WOW with just the perfect amount of turquoise. It really pops!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Marie, I'm just checking in with you to see if you may have sent me an email with your address that may have gotten lost in my junk mail. I want to be sure you get your ribbon. Please feel free to write me at kittie747@cfl.rr.com. I am writing here as I can't find your email address. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if it was the perfect color for your Rachel, Maire, but it would have been the perfect color for my DIL Rachel! That was her color and it was magnificent with white, just as your card is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. Gorgeous card. Love the design and colour scheme

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...