Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We're Sketching it up at Jingle Belles! :)

That's right, this week's Jingle Belles inspiration piece is a sketch, designed by Allison Fillo:

Great sketch, huh?  I thought so immediately last week, when the prompt went up at midnight Friday, but I just got around to making my card last evening:

I followed the sketch very closely.  I even used the same embellishments!  And I just can't get enough of my *NEW* PTI die set!  :)  LOVE IT!!!  The dp is from the Bright and Jolly 12x12 Recollections pad.  YUMMY!

One thing I always seem to have a problem with is getting my layers lined up correctly...anyone have any tips on that?  I'd really appreciate it! 

Well, it's late and I'd best get this linked up and head to bed...tomorrow is truck day again at work, AND alot of big wigs are gonna be there, so we are to be on our best behavior...sigh.  At least it is my last day until Saturday!

Take care,







~Marie~

ETA:  adding this to Craftyhazelnut's Christmas challenge extra for Sept

5 comments:

  1. Pretty Christmas card! You should probably be almost ready with your Christmas cards now....with all the beauitul cards you have done...I only need about 10 more than I'll have my quota....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza ... what a bold & vibrant design ... love it ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a ♥KNOCK-OUT♥ holiday card, missus! and yes, i found myself mimicing the details allison used, too, it's such a great sketch, i wanted to just do EXACTLY that!!! ♥

    ps: for layers, i have to say it certainly does not look like you need help, but my best tip is this: attach each bit, letting a little hang over the edge of the base... then at the very end, TRIM the bottom panel to size before attaching it to the card; thus every single bit of every single edge will be EXACTLY the same! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the zingy colours - another lovely entry for CHNC challenge extra for September. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT. Hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice. I actually like it better than the original-the wordart is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...