Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Merry Monday challenge I juuuuuust missed out on...

Well, as you can probably guess from my title, this post is going to show something I made for Merry Monday, but didn't quite get linked in time.  Here is said project:
 
Truth be told, I had this ornament completed and ready to blog about waaaaaay before the end of last week's challenge, BUT...laziness over the 3 day weekend musta had a hold on me, because I waited until about 2:30 EST before I even turned on my computer.  This would not be a problem if we didn't have the slowest. internet. EVER!!!  Of course, all things involved worked against me, and the pages wouldn't load before I could get linked up...talk about frustrated! 
 
Anyway, I used the 2011 Heirloom ornament again (love this shape!), and a copy of an image from a vintage Christmas card we bought in a box at a sale some time ago.  I thought these angels were so pretty!  I used a piece of sheet music from an old hymnal (also bought at a sale) on this side, and a piece of pink, white and green patterned paper on the other side.  The gold paper of the scalloped oval and poinsettia, and the silver of the ornament topper are shimmery paper that Target sold a few years ago in their stationary dept.  The edges are inked with one of the lighter colored Distress Inks...Antique Linen maybe?
 
That's about all there is to this ornament!  Thanks for visiting, and have a great day! 
 
Take care until next time,
 
~Marie~

ETA:  Adding to Hazel's Christmas Extra challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for entering your lovely creation for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous Christmas ornament, I love your vintage image and sheet music background.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage ornament card, LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...