Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thank you, and happy birthday!

I'm here today to share 2 cards I made recently for occasions other than Christmas.  *WHAT?!*  There are other occasions besides Christmas???  Looking at the content of my blog you wouldn't think so, but there sure are!  LOL  Here are the cards:

 
The first card was commissioned as a thank you for a graduation gift.  I used my Silhouette to cut the letters out of colored cardstock, then pounced them on my Versamark pad, poured clear embossing powder on them, heat set that, dragged them through Diamond Dust glitter, then heat set them to make the glitter "melt into" the embossing powder.  (Here's a tutorial from Stamp TV that I followed.)  'Twas a very messy and fiddly process, but each letter is super glittery!  You can see *some* of the sparkle on a few letters...  (Now that I re-read this paragraph, it sure sounds like those letters got some abuse...lol!)

The second card is for a coworker's birthday tomorrow.  I purchased the card design from the Silhouette store.  I used mylar wrapping paper to back the phrase, and attached some white cardstock to the back to provide stability and coverage.  I really like this design, and plan to use it a LOT!  I hope the birthday girl likes it! She's turning the BIG 5-0, and a couple other gals decorated her work station after she left today...I can't wait to see her reaction tomorrow! HEHE!

Well, that's all for tonight...thanks for stopping by, and take card until next time!

~Marie~

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely cards Marie! I loved hearing about your co-worker's surprise too!

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- H IS FOR HATS, I IS FOR INKY

 Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  It's time again for a new challenge at ABC Christmas , where it's letters H and I...