Friday, July 17, 2020

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A FOXICORN??? GDT FOR COLOUR CRAZY, JULY 17, 2020

Hi crafty friends!  I hope today finds you all staying well and keeping busy!  Well, it's Friday, which means we've made it through another week; YAHOO!  I know I'm always glad for the weekends, unless I have to work overtime. ๐Ÿ‘Ž  But anyway, I'm here to share the card I made for my July GDT spot at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog:


This week's sponsor is Knitty Kitty Digis, and the image I chose to use is the Foxicorn.  Annabel, the artist/creator/owner of Knitty Kitty Digis prefers that her images have watermarks, so I apologize if that makes my card hard to view. There is a great selection of images in their Etsy shop, so I encourage you to check it out!  With this being such a fantasy-type image, I thought, what better way to color it than to use the rainbow?  AND, why not do 6 of them and put them on the oh-so-trendy-right-now slimline card?  The idea of this card was pretty simple, but the execution was not!  Since I also wanted to try my hand at water coloring the images and background (why not do a whole bunch of new things at once, HAHA!), I needed to print them out on Bristol card stock so my Tombow markers would work well.  I figured the best way to do that was to use the laser printer.  Well, my laser printer doesn't care much for the thick Bristol!  It wouldn't grab the paper no way, no how.  So, I asked my Squirrel Sisters for advice, and they suggested cutting a smaller piece of the Bristol and taping it to a piece of regular printer paper.  The first print was a bit smeary, I think from the first attempt, so I tried again. That time it worked great, but then when I tried to cut these fellas out with my Cameo, it was off. I think I gave up at that point and went to bed.  ๐Ÿ˜†

The next evening, I decided to forgo the laser printer, and use the inkjet.  I had to push the Bristol until the rollers grabbed it, but it printed just fine.  And again, when I tried to cut them with the Cameo - no good!  I figured I must have done something wrong in the designing aspect, so I brought the original image back in and redid it. I set things up again to print, and the ink smeared!  ๐Ÿ˜ก At this point, I thought I really wasn't meant to do this card!  So, I gave up and went to bed.  On the next evening, I printed it again, and all went well.  Set it up to cut, and HOORAH, that worked too!  FINALLY, WE ARE GOOD TO GO!!!  HOLY COW, what a process!  So then I went along my merry way, and water colored them and the panel, assembled my card, and DONE!  *whew!*  I think it turned out super cute, if I do say so myself.  LOL  ๐Ÿ˜€ Oh, and the inside says, "For fox sake, I hope your day is magical!"  Teehee!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please do pop over to the Colour Crazy Challenge to see what the Team D Design Team has made with their image of choice.  Until next time,

Take Care and God Bless!  

~Marie~

22 comments:

  1. Marie I love this from the colors to the images its fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and all the colors! Thank you for explaining the process of creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation I love the colours

    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles DigiChoosday Craft Challenge

    Claire Guest DT
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow Foxicorns are really magical! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!
    No, I've never seen a foxicorn and I'm thrilled to see your rainbow of cute foxicorns today!
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck with your entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitty Kitty should be ashamed on themselves for making such a cute image and then making you hide it. The little cloud like watermarks kinda add to the fantasy look of the card, like the foxicorn are floating through a rainbow! You work very well under pressure, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cute, and colorfull
    Thank you for sharing this cheerful card at our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderul creation! I love colours!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge July "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and colorful! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and adorable card .. love the colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodle Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie this is beautifully crafted and perfect for our July challenge. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us. Good luck and please stay safe and healthy.
    Hugs
    Desรญre
    {Color It Create It Show It Off Challenge DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic card! Full of colour and I've got 2 daughters who would love to own a Foxicorn!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Thank you so much for sharing your work at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!Stay crafty!HandmadeByTasha DT

    Blog | Instagram | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute creation,
    Thank you for sharing at my Besties International Challenge
    Good luck with your entry!
    Iza DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute and fun :o) you wouldn't love a foxicorn. Thanks for joining us at MIUBC
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi my dear friend Marie, once again... STUNNING! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these gorgeously cute digi images!! Great card. Thank you for joining in at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Marie, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pies. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute and colourful. Sorry I'm late, but still wanted to pop in to thank you for entering your card in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Daisy Chain Challenges this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...