Wednesday, October 12, 2022

ABC CHRISTMAS -- U FOR UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS, AND V FOR VELVET -- OCTOBER 12, 2022

Hello friends, and Happy Wednesday!  I hope that your week is going well so far, and that all of my Canadian family and friends had a great Thanksgiving.  Today starts a new challenge at the ABC Christmas challenge blog.  We are now up to the letters U for Unusual Christmas colors, and V for Velvet.  Here is my card:


I was throwing around quite a few color combinations in my head before I started my card like navy with pink, and navy with orange; but then when I opened the drawer unit my colored cardstocks are in, I came across this cardstock pack from Recollections called Cool Water.  It has a light and dark teal, light and dark purple, and a dark gray in it that go so well together, and I thought "HEY!"  How about that for an unusual color combo for a Christmas card?  So, then I thought, how can I incorporate some or all of these colors on one card and make it look nice?  Spellbinders Kaleidoscope Plaid dies to the rescue!  I die cut several of each layer from the two teals and the lighter purple so I could play around with which patterns would look best, and I ultimately settled on this combo.  After die cutting and assembling 4 of the layered plaid pieces, I cut the dark gray cardstock using the largest rectangle in the A2 Matting Basics Card Creator Set A to use as a mat behind the plaid layers.  I adhered them to the mat using the corners as my guide for placement.  

To top this off, I felt that it just needed a bold sentiment, and I just so happened to recently purchase the Bold Merry Words Creative Cuts from Mama Elephant, which was perfect!  I die cut the Merry Christmas sentiment 4 times from some scrap Accent Opaque 100lb. cardstock and stacked them up beneath a white glitter layer cut from White Glitter Cardstock from Pen+Gear that I bought at Walmart.  I forget where I saw someone else that had used this on a project, and I just thought it was so gorgeous that I had to have it.  Never mind that I already had other white glitter paper and cardstock!  The colors on this one are slightly different from what I already had, so it's OK. 😁 That's what I tell myself anyway!

--CHALLENGES--

Thanks a bunch for stopping by today!  We're getting closer and closer to that big card-sending holiday, so if you haven't started on your Christmas cards yet, you'd better get moving!  While you're at it, come on over to the ABC Christmas challenge and join in with our letters U for Unusual Christmas colors and V for Velvet.  I think these should definitely yield some creative cards!  Also, don't forget to leave the DT some love for their inspiring creations!  Until next time,

💗 Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! 💗

~ Marie

2 comments:

  1. What a great find in the paper, love the colours, the design and the bright sentiment Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est vraiment originale et si chic, biz

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...