Friday, October 7, 2022

IT'S MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR, AND SOME FABULOUS NEWS!

Hello friends!  Welcome back to my blog, where I have some news to share with you.  I have accepted a DT spot on the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmaker team, otherwise seen as {BYSHC}!! I am super excited to be on this team, as it means that I get to use some fabulous sketches and ALL of my enormous stash of Christmas supplies to build up MY stash of Holiday cards!  We are on Sketch #27 and here it is:

Now, I did also mention that it's my favorite time of year, and do you know why?  Not only is it Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, where the temps are getting colder, and the leaves are changing colors, BUT it's also the time of year where I start to see A LOT of Christmas card inspiration all over the place!  Companies release more adorable and beautiful Christmas stamps, dies, paper, etc., and creators make samples with these new products, which absolutely makes me GIDDY!  I totally wish I could just be in my craft room all day long, creating Christmas cards, but hubby says I have to keep working if I want to buy more stuff.  Humph. 😞 Enough of that, here is my first card for Sketch #27:


I love that Crystal also provides measurements for the design elements, as that makes it easier for me to just pick the elements I want to use to decorate with.  The purple holographic snowflake paper on the left is one of my favorites and it comes from the Northern Lights 12x12 paper pad by Recollections.  I wish that I had bought more than one of these pads!  I wanted to cover the paper's edge with something decorative, so I pulled out some holographic ricrac and glued it down using Simon's Craft Tacky glue.  After I trimmed the ends off, I added some Bearly Art glue to the edges so hopefully they don't fray.  To continue on with the holographic theme, I cut a Gina Marie Designs Nested Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die from some Recollections holographic foil cardstock for the panel on the left side.  The white panel was cut from a piece of Accent Opaque 80lb. cardstock using a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangle die.  The cutie patootie image comes from Stinkin Cute Paper Piecings, and she is called Snow Bunny with Snowball Print & Cut, item number 53041, at the Silhouette Design Store.  I thought her hat and scarf matched the patterned paper perfectly!  I did veer off from the sketch a little bit by placing my sentiment on the bottom right of the card, but I really didn't think it would fit where the sketch wanted it to be.  It comes from the Mama Elephant Let It Snow stamp set, and I did perform stamp surgery on it to make it fit.  Both sides of the stamp have been reunited and are recovering well after their separation. 😆 Oh, and I stamped it with Wilted Violet oxide ink using the MISTI.

--CHALLENGES--

Well, that's all for today!  I hope you'll come join us at the {BYSHC} Facebook page to enter in the challenge using Sketch #27.  I always enjoy seeing what others come up with using the same layout. 😊 Until next time, friends...

💗 Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! 💗

~ Marie




1 comment:

  1. What an adorable image and wonderful paper choices to make this fabulous card Marie, I love it.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- H IS FOR HATS, I IS FOR INKY

 Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog.  It's time again for a new challenge at ABC Christmas , where it's letters H and I...