Friday, December 23, 2022

{BYSHC} SKETCH #29 -- DECEMBER 23, 2022

Hello friends, happy Friday, and happy Christmas Eve eve!  Are you all ready for the BIG DAY in 2 days?  I can hardly believe that it's that close already; I remember as a kid it always seemed that Christmas was SOOOOO FAAAAARRR AWAAAAAAY, and now it just comes and goes in a flash!  Sigh, to be a kid again at Christmas!  What a magical time!

Anyway, I digress...I'm here today to share the first card I made using the current sketch at {BYSHC}, Sketch #29:


As meticulous as I like to be when making my cards, this sketch threw me for a loop when it came to placing the triangular pieces on the green vellum mat "just right."  I NEEDED to have all the spacing equal or I would go crazy!  I tried just placing the patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's Knit Picky 6x6 paper pad onto the vellum, but it just kept sliding around, so I finally tore off some pieces of        Therm-o-Web's Pixie Tape (love this stuff!) and made hinges over the edge of the vellum to keep the pieces in place while I glued them down.  They are still a *little* off, but I think this method worked pretty well overall.

Now, the centerpiece of this card is made up of the negative pieces of this Circle Ho Ho Ho Die from My Creative Time that I used to make this ornament.  I just thought they would make an excellent focal point also, as the Ho's are so easy to read.  I glued all of the layers (7 or 8 of them) together with the white glitter layer on top and added them to a die cut circle of the green vellum.  This may have been a bit of overkill for the front of a card, as now it is pretty heavy and bulky.  I will know better for the next time!  I really like how you can still see the patterned paper, especially the red, through the vellum.  All of this is adhered onto a white A2 top-folding card base.

--CHALLENGES--

The Paper Funday #48:  ATG w/optional twist - Holiday Time
A Place to Start:  ATG w/optional twist - Happy Holidays
Fab 'n' Funky #563:  Last Minute Christmas
The Holly and Ivy #130:  ATG Christmas (3/3)
Crafty Gals Corner #238:  Tis the Season
CCAYR:  Waiting for Santa


OK friends, thanks for stopping by today!   Head on over to the {BYSHC} blog to see what DT creations there are to inspire you, and then head on over to the Facebook Group to join in with a card if you have some time to spare in this "crunch time" before Christmas.  Take care!  😊

~ Marie 💗




7 comments:

  1. What a GREAT take on the sketch Marie, love the papers too.
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sketch and card design! Thanks for playing along in the challenge at The Paper Funday!
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    **coming 15 January - Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie,
    this is such a lovely card and a great take on that sketch.
    Love the paper used and your HO HO Ho completes it all wonderfully.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I'm loving this sketch. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful and fun creation! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant realization of the sketch - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 The Avenue Create, I hope we’ll see you again soon! Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning! You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner. ~DT.

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...