Wednesday, June 12, 2024

ABC CHRISTMAS -- L IS FOR LANTERN, M IS FOR MUSIC

 Hello crafty friends!  It's June already, and it's time for another prompt at the ABC Christmas Challenge!  I am the hostess this month and we are now up to the letters L & M:


L is for Lantern

&

M is for Music


I created a card for each prompt this month, and here they are:



Looking at my first card now, I am thinking that my lantern is more of a lamppost, but this is the image that came to mind when I started the creative process.  I really love this image from the now defunct Whimsie Doodles shop.  The snow people are just too cute!  To create this scene, I ink blended the Cloud Edger stencil from A Colorful Life Designs onto the stitched oval die from the Let It Snow die set from Whimsy StampsI added splatter with the same oxide ink (I wish I remembered which one I used!), and the white shimmer paint from the Kuretake Starry Colors palette.  I die cut the sentiment from the Pen + Gear white glitter cardstock from Walmart.  All the elements were mounted onto a piece of navy cardstock die cut with a Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Rectangle die.

My second card focuses on a cut file from the Silhouette Design Store, which I can't find there at the moment. 😦  It's supposed to be a card in and of itself, but I die cut the bells with my Spellbinders Classic Circle dies instead.  I backed the cut image with a Petite Scalloped Circle Spellbinders die, cut from shimmery silver paper I bought from Target years ago.  The die cut "silver" sentiment is cut from the same paper using Lawn Fawn's Henry's ABCsThe "bells" part of the sentiment comes from the Lawn Fawn stamp set Henry Jr.'s ABCs and was stamped with Delicata silver ink onto a small banner.  I mounted everything onto a panel embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Well, those are my cards for this month!  Head on over to the ABC Christmas Challenge blog to see the rest of the DT makes, and to add your entries to the linky for a chance at the prize on offer!  We can't wait to see what you create!

Take Care!

~ Marie 💖

2 comments:

  1. Such amazing cards - yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Marie - surely, that's a lantern on a post!?
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE -- S IS FOR STENCIL; T IS FOR TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLORS

Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog; it is so nice to have you come by for a visit!  Today, I am sharing the cards I created for...