Sunday, August 25, 2024

GUEST DESIGNER AT THE RUDOLPH DAYS CHALLENGE!

Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  Today, I'm here to share the card I made as a guest designer for the Rudolph Days Challenge.  I was lucky enough to be chosen by Helen to join her this month, and here is my card:


I used the new Waffle Flower Postage Collage Gingerbread Stencil set with the coordinating Postage Collage Die to create my fun, pastel Christmas card.  Anyone who knows me IRL will tell you that I am obsessed with all things gingerbread!  Oh boy, was this quick and fun!  I used oxide inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina, Vintage Photo, and Ground Espresso, and I think these colors work nicely together.  I think I could also do this card again and switch the Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina.  SO CUTE!  The only thing I would do differently in the execution is to NOT die cut the panel before ink blending.  I had some trouble lining the different layers up, but I managed OK. 

The scalloped die cut layer behind the postage collage die is from Whimsy Stamps Sprinkles Scallops Rectangle Set, and I blended the Salvaged Patina ink onto the panel so it would be a perfect match.  I adhered the postage collage panel to the scalloped layer with dollar tree foam squares and glued that combo flat to the card base.   The sentiment is also from Waffle Flower and comes from the new Elegant Christmas 2 Combo.  I added some beautiful Opalescent Lanai card bling from A Colorful Life Designs to the uncolored circles on the snowflake cookie.  They are the perfect match for the Salvaged Patina color!  😊  I love, love, LOVE these products from Waffle Flower SO MUCH!!

Anyway, that's my guest designer card for the Rudolph Days Challenge.  Thanks so much, Helen, for allowing me to play along this month.  Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this is an Anything Goes Christmas challenge, so when you join in, let your creativity run free!  Thanks so much for stopping by and take care!

~ Marie

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GDT - your card is a beauty, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so cute and beautifully put together - love it!

    Thanks so much for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, this is adorable. I love the postage collage line. Someone will love getting this in their mail box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A well-deserved guest spot Marie and what a stunner of a card you have made! Everyone loves these postage collage dies and it's so fun to see all the different 'stamps' people come up with. Your gingerbread theme is brilliant! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE -- S IS FOR STENCIL; T IS FOR TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLORS

Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog; it is so nice to have you come by for a visit!  Today, I am sharing the cards I created for...