Wednesday, October 9, 2024

ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE -- U IS FOR UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS; V IS FOR VELVET

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  It's time again for a new challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog:

U is for UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS

and 

V is for VELVET


I pondered for a bit how to include velvet on my card, and then the answer suddenly slapped me in the face -- RIBBON!  DUH!!! 😖  And of course, out of ALL.THE.RIBBON that I have, I actually had NO VELVET ribbon.  So, a trip to Hobby Lobby was necessary to acquire said ribbon.  I swear that is ALL I bought!! 👌  Ok, enough chatter, here is my card:


It really makes me happy when I am able to combine both letters on one card!  The colors I used are definitely unusual for a Christmas card, and the white velvet ribbon is just yummy!  I even have a triple whammy with this card, as the colors I used are Aged Mahogany and Victorian Velvet oxides.  HA!  The pretty stencil I used here is called Snow Doily from A Colorful Life Designs.  After I finished the ink blending, I cut the design in half, so I would have room for the "joyful wishes" from Lawn Fawn's Winter Scripty Sentiments set.  I stamped it with the Aged Mahogany oxide ink.  I think this card turned out very pretty!
Oh, and a note about the white velvet ribbon.  It is very see-through, so I glued it to a scrap of white cardstock first, and then glued that onto the card.

Don't forget to head on over to the ABC Christmas Challenge blog to check out what the rest of the DT has created.  This challenge runs from today, Wednesday, October 9th to Saturday, November 9th.  I look forward to seeing what you will share with us! 

Until next time, take care!

~ Marie 💗






1 comment:

ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE -- U IS FOR UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS; V IS FOR VELVET

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  It's time again for a new challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog: U is for UNUS...