Friday, October 18, 2024

{BYSHC} FALLING FOR THE HOLIDAYS LINKY PARTY -- OCTOBER 18-25, 2024

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  It's time for another fabulous Linky Party with the Build Your Stash Holiday Card Makers! 

Please use hashtag #fallingfortheholidays2024byshclp when adding your cards to social media platforms.

Here is my first card:

I am killing 2 birds with one stone again by using the current Sketch 50.

This sketch is wonderful for mass producing cards, which can be necessary during this time of year!  All you really need is some pretty patterned paper and a sentiment!  I did not use patterned paper for my card; rather I utilized one of the many stencils I have from our wonderful sponsor for the month of October, A Colorful Life DesignsThis particular stencil is called Dotted Flakes.  Such a pretty pattern that can be used in so many ways!  Here I chose simple ink blending with Tumbled Glass and Broken China oxide inks.  Before I did anything else, I moved both the panel and the stencil to my splatter box and sprayed it with water and Perfect Pearls.  I die cut the stenciled panel with a deckled rectangle die, which I then layered onto a piece of my favorite white glitter paper from Walmart (which I need to get more of!).  I adhered that layer onto another panel that was inked with the Broken China oxide ink, and all of these layers were adhered to the card base.  The iridescent ribbon across the middle was a scrap on my desk.  For the sentiment, I inked a scrap of cardstock with the Broken China oxide and die cut the "believe" sentiment several times from Honey Bee Stamps Bitty Buzzwords:  Holiday Honey Cuts, and also cut the shadow layer from a scrap of vellum to provide some definition from the stenciled panel.  As a last-minute addition of sparkle, I adhered some A Colorful Life Designs card bling in Opalescent Maui to the 6 whole snowflakes on the panel.  I love how this card came out!

The BYSHC Linky Party starts today, October 18, and runs thru Oct 25...plenty of time to make a bunch of cards for your stash, and possibly win a prize from one of the linky party sponsors!  WOOT, WOOT!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~ Marie




5 comments:

  1. Oh, Marie, your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the snowflakes in blue and how you lightened the shading going up the card! Thanks so much for all you do for {BYSHC}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! Love that little bit of iridescent ribbon in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beauty would be great to mass produce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I love the color and the added sparkle layer!

    ReplyDelete

{BYSHC} FALLING FOR THE HOLIDAYS LINKY PARTY -- OCTOBER 18-25, 2024

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  It's time for another fabulous Linky Party with the Build Your Stash Holiday Card Maker...