Friday, September 25, 2020

COLLECTED CRAFTY COLLABS -- SEPTEMBER EDITION -- HALLOWEEN/FALL & SEQUINS

 Hello friends!  Welcome back to my blog for the September edition of Collected Crafty Collabs!  If you're hopping along, you should have arrived here from Bory's YouTube video.  If you're not, I will tell you at the end of this post where to go to keep hopping along with us!  πŸ˜€πŸ‘

As you can see from the graphic, we want you to use some of those squirreled away Halloween/Fall crafty supplies, and incorporate some sequins if you can.  That should be pretty easy, right?  And then, of course, I have my own PERSONAL CHALLENGE to make every card into a Christmas card.  Let me know if you think I succeeded this month with my card:

My image is from Bugaboo (of course!), and is called Autumn Critter Stack 01I was bouncing ideas off my Squirrel Sisters about how I could continue with my Christmas card tradition for our challenge, and sweet V suggested a deer image with a pile of leaves.  That made me immediately think of this image that's been in my Bugaboo collection for awhile.  Isn't the look on that deer's face just funny?  Like he is caught in the headlights...hopefully not in front of my car on the way to work though!  The idea of this image being used for Christmas inspired the creation of the sentiment to go with it.  The font I used is called "The Things We Said," and I just thought it looked perfectly whimsical!  If you have trouble reading it though, it says, "The day Rudolph got caught hanging out with his forest friends instead of helping to get ready for Christmas..."  πŸ˜†  I just think this is so funny!  All those critters look like they are guilty as heck!

So anyhow, this card is pretty simple...I colored these guys with alcohol markers, cut my panel and patterned paper with Spellbinders Card Creator dies, and glued on 3 sequins.  Incidentally, the patterned paper comes from the Clucker Clackers set from Digi Doodle Studios.  And I did cover the Recollections 110lb. white card base with Recollections 65lb. red card stock that matches the red stripes in the plaid paper.

Another angle

Image close up

--CHALLENGES--

Merry Little Christmas #26:  ATG Christmas (3/5)
CHN Patterned Paper:  ATG using patterned paper
613 Avenue Create:  ATG (5/5)
Crafty Gals Corner #211: Fall Colors (1/3)
Crafty Animals:  ATG using animals
Crimbo Crackers #216:  ATG Christmas (1/2)
Crafty Friends #145:  Fall Colors (1/3)
Simon Says Wednesday:  Animal Antics (1/5)
Polkadoodles #39:  ATG (1/2)
Digi Choosday #38:  ATG (1/2)
Aud Sentiments:  ATG with a sentiment
Not Just Cards:  ATG (1/5)


That's it from me for this hop; your next stop is Lisa at Ink Paper Scissors Fun.  If you get lost, or a link isn't working correctly, you can head back to one of my sweet Squirrel Sisters, Karen at Misplaced Mojo, who has the full hop list.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the rest of our hop!  Oh, don't forget to let me know if you think my card works for Christmas!  Until next time, 
Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless!

~Marie~







26 comments:

  1. This is so cute and fun ! Awesome card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to see how you turn the Fall theme into a Christmas card! Great card, Marie! That reindeer's face is so funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knocked it out of the park again Marie! I'm in awe on how you can create Christmas theme images for every occasion! Your card is soo adorable! πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those guilty faces, if they had fingers they’d all be pointing at one another, that would be even more hilarious, love this card!!! Yes, it definitely would make a fantastic Christmas card & I love that it works great for Autumn as well! Thanks for sharing your creativity, blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, I love those guilty faces!! Now how did this image NOT make it into my collection by now? I'm going to have to change that right away! I think it's perfect for a Christmas card especially where I live. Last year the leaves didn't change until Christmas. So this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This image is SO much fun and you rocked the coloring, as usual! The look on Rudolph's face is like he *just* heard Santa call his name in that 'you've been a naught reindeer' voice... like he used his FULL name. Hmm, what would Rudolph's middle name be, I wonder? And is he part of the Claus family? Or is his last name Reindeer? Curious minds and all that... Super CUTE card!!! And thank you so much for the outrage and moral support during the shenanigans on the morning of the hop. I love knowing that you are V are the friends who immediately have my back, and would be the first to run out and defend/protect me. Anna would be the one holding my hand and getting me Whoppers and first aid. 😁 I love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just read the other comments on your post and 2 things make me ridiculously happy: 1. Others can totally visualize the scene of the woodland critters being caught doing something stupid but insanely fun, and 2. you have built up a following or expectation on turning every theme into a Christmas card, which really makes me want to extend this hop group and give you more challenging themes just to test how skilled and creative you get with it! I wanna see a St. Patrick's Day Christmas card! Or a sympathy Christmas card... no wait, that's too easy. I am gonna start working on new challenge ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. Your card is awesome. I love the Bugaboo image and yes it's a Christmas card for sure. Love the sentiment on the slacker rudolph.. lol.. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments (and Crafy Gals Corner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this adorable card! The critters are too cute for words! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marie,
    Love your fun card...our kitty has exactly the same look on his face as Rudolph when he is caught doing something naughty.
    Thank you for the kind comments re: my glittered sticker cards. It is a fun technique I have demo'ed at several big craft shows over the years, where it is always very popular. Each year I do several of my Christmas cards this way...the sparkle is amazing!
    There are many tutes on youtube, but I think the best one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Fp7GgH0L4 Els (from Elizabeth Craft Designs) tip re: first positioning the sticker sticky side up is a HUGE help. This technique really only looks best using black stickers, as you probably know that gold and silver stickers can be coloured with alcohol inks, therefore using those can result in a messy look.
    I hope the link works, if not please contact me again.
    Hope this all helps. Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful, thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. And for joining in at MAWTT too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply adorably cute card with all the forest friends!!
    Thanks for sharing your art creations with us at 613 Ave Create …..Good Luck and Look forward to seeing you again!!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell ~ DT πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun card. And regardless of the fall scene, I think you've definitely succeeded in turning it into a Christmas card. Nice job! Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG what fun! Your coloring is fabulous! Great job of turning a Fall image into a Christmas card! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
    Darlene
    MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun image and it definitely brought a smile to my face. So now we know what Rudolph does before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh deer! I think Rudolph is in trouble. I hope Santa got him working extra to make up for abandoning his duties! I love your creativity in this card Marie. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marie that is such a cute image and the sentiment you created is perfect with it. That font is really quirky and works so well :)

    Thank you very much for your lovely card and entering it into our challenge and good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥

    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up

    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO super fun, playful and cute. LOVE that image on your fabulous design. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us by playing along. I'm SO super grateful, and I hope you'll join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very cool Christmas Card you have created here. Lovely colouring of image and love the sentiment. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great design and sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha! Love that sentiment! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us this week at
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
    www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is like a compass that guides us through the complexities of the world. Your thoughtful analysis and ability to present multifaceted subjects is truly impressive. Thank you for being a source of intellectual guidance!
    teachers discount

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...