Saturday, November 5, 2022

GUEST DESIGNING FOR DOODLES PAPER PLAYGROUND -- WHITE CHRISTMAS SPARKLE BLEND -- NOVEMBER 5, 2022

Hello and welcome back to my blog, friends!   For today's post, I am sharing a card I made as a Guest Designer for Doodles Paper PlaygroundI used my entire sample of the White Christmas Sparkle Blend in this shaker card, all except for the Santa faces and ice cubes.


So, I had saved a small treat bag that had been given to me (with treats inside, of course!) a year or so ago around the Holidays because I KNEW that I would be able to use it in my craft room.  I also begged one of my friends to save theirs for me!  I created a similar card last July (here) that used the other piece of this snowflake acetate on another flat shaker card.  For this one, I turned it into a landscape card to fit the deer die cut better.  This gorgeous deer is from the Delightful Deer set from Sizzix, designed by Lisa Jones.  This die set is gorgeous!  It has this deer plus 2 others in it, and all kinds of fall foliage.  Anyway, I thought this leaping deer was perfect for this card, as it echoed the flying deer in the Sparkle Blend.  You can see one of these better in this picture, right above the front-most leg:


In hindsight, I probably should have chosen a different gold foil cardstock than this one, as the tone is different from the little deer, but I still think this card is stunning!  The Peace sentiment is from Spellbinders, and I got it as one of the freebies that the company gave out as a thank you for being a Club Member.  I thought the delicate lines of this font matched the deer very well.  The deer and sentiment are glued to the acetate with Bearly Art Glue, and I adhered the shaker panel to a mat of the gold cardstock with strong double-sided tape.  Then everything is adhered to the card base with the same glue.

--CHALLENGES--

Crafty Calendar:  ATG (1/3)
Craft Rocket #98:  Christmas/Winter 
Daisy Chain #69:  Christmas is Coming
Critter Crazy #68:  ATG with a featured critter (1/5)
Crafty Animals #67:  ATG with animals
The Unicorn Challenge #82:  Christmas is Coming
SheepSki Designs #68:  Gems, Glitter, Sparkle (there is glitter cardstock behind the shaker) (1/3)
Crafty Friends #161:  Christmas (2/5)
Pearly Sparkles #79:  Merry Christmas
The Holly and Ivy #127:  ATG Christmas



Well, that is all from me today, friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I encourage you to drop by and check out the Sparkle Blends at the Doodles Paper Playground Etsy shop.  Every mix is unique and one-of-a-kind, and once the supply is gone, it's gone!  The owner, Amber, just had a new release yesterday, so go check it out!  Take Care! 💗

~ Marie




6 comments:

  1. Fabulous shaker card and love the die-cut deer.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty sparkly Christmas Card! Subtle, but very effective! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaker card, the color combination is very elegant. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the LeAnn;s World 101 Challenge.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Christmas card.. love it.
    Thank you for joining us at LeAnn's World 101 Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous and festive holiday shaker card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...