Friday, June 14, 2013

"Oh Christmas Sketch, O Christmas Sketch..." a.k.a. JB:13:12

Happy Friday!  I'm here to share with you my take on this week's Jingle Belles prompt, which is a sketch created by the talented Stef:
and here is my interpretation:
I haven't used the Sizzix Scribbles Swirls die since last year, so I broke it out again to help embellish this card.  The snowflake punch is by Martha Stewart, and I used some Studio 18 glitter cs found at Michael's to punch it out.  The dp is from the Winter Wonderland pack by K and Co., which I love so much I bought 2!  Of course, it helps that the packs were on sale at the time!  :)  The sentiment is from the Festive Trees clear set from Fiskars.  I chose Peacock Feathers distress ink to color the edges of the circle, the swirls, and the three dots that came from the die.  According to my almost 13-year-old, Leandra, it would "pop" with that color!  :)

So, that's all for this post...I have made a few more cards that aren't for challenges, but I will post them another time.  Until then, take good care of yourself and your loved ones!  :)

~Marie~

5 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, Thanks for the visit to my blog. I followed your link & just became your newest follower. I love your take on the sketch. Leandra was right...the color did indeed pop - especially placed right next to the red. Lovely card. This was a good sketch to follow, wasn't it? I'm trying to learn to do more with sketches, rather than 'just winging it'. Hope you will visit again soon. I have you bookmarked so I can get back for a visit. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This caught my eye straight away - so pretty and the colours are so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leandra was right ... that color does pop ... and I love how you curled the ends of the banners too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss leandra *DEFINITELY* knows whereof she speaks, b/c holy wow, this thing POPS in allllllll the right ways! does she do consultations, b/c i'm still decoratin' the new house, lol! and clearly bingamans of all ages are wonderful designers!!! (love this, marie!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

IT'S TIME FOR THE {BYSHC} SPRING INTO CHRISTMAS LINKY HOP 2024

Hello, crafty friends!  It's time again for the linky party hosted by the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers.  This linky party is a gr...