Tuesday, July 16, 2024

SQUIRRELZ STASH BASH -- JULY 16, 2024 -- FAVORITE HOLIDAY

Hello friends; welcome back to my blog!  My Squirrel Sisters and I are back at it again, hoping to inspire you to dig out your supplies, old or new, and get creating!  This month's theme is 

FAVORITE HOLIDAY

If you've been around my blog a while, there should be NO QUESTION in your mind what my favorite holiday is:


CHRISTMAS!!!

As long as I can remember, I have always enjoyed the festive season, the brightly colored lights, the smells of yummy goodies baking, the fun decorations, all of it.  I haven't forgotten The Reason for the Season, but all the other "stuff" just makes me so happy!  Of course, it IS a bit different now that all of the effort to decorate, bake, etc. falls on me (and hubby), but I still take time to enjoy all the things.  Anyway, here is my card:



So, the panel for this card started out as a "stamp off" from a stencil project that will be shared soon.  I couldn't bear to waste all of the gorgeous Gina K layering inks in Spruce that I used for that project, so I sprayed the stencil with a water and Perfect Pearls mixture and stamped it down onto another piece of cardstock.  The end result is this fun panel. This stencil is actually part of a set called Mid Century Mod Pods from A Colorful Life Designs.  I took the partner stencil and placed it over my dry panel and traced onto the ovals with a gold gel pen.  Super fun look!  I had this cute peeking deer die in my stash and decided to use it as the focal point.  I didn't have the sentiment I wanted to go with my deer, so I printed one out myself.  The scalloped rectangle behind the panel was cut with a Gina Marie Designs die.

Ok friends, you know how this goes by now...for more inspiration, hop on over to the next Squirrel Sister in line, who is the amazing Anna.  I wonder what her favorite holiday is??  Here's the hop lineup for you:

V at Passions and Distractions

Karen at Misplaced Mojo

Marie (you're here!)

Anna at CraftyAnna Studio

Lounon at Craft.Me.Craft.Moi

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great week! 😊


~ Marie







4 comments:

  1. Well, you already know I freaking love this card! That reindeer is adorable and the background is super fun. I love how you were able to get a bonus card from the efforts of the original! The white gel pen details are the perfect touch! So I'm curious, how many Christmas cards do you give out each year and how many have you made thus far this year??? I would like to do another "kill a paper pad" project for Christmas cards this year... and actually mail them out too 😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cards is so cute ! And I love your background it looks awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the midcentury modern vibe! I also adore that you were able to use the ink from another project to give yourself a second card with a totally different vibe! This is just so cute! And I love the gold accents! PErfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the technique you did with the stencil "waste" and the gold detailing. I love the mid-century design of the background and the reindeer is so cute! 😍

    ReplyDelete

GUEST DESIGNER AT THE RUDOLPH DAYS CHALLENGE!

Hello, crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  Today, I'm here to share the card I made as a guest designer for the Rudolph Days Chal...