Friday, July 19, 2024

IT'S CHRISTMAS IN JULY TIME AT BUILD YOUR STASH HOLIDAY CARDMAKERS -- JULY 2024

Hello, hello crafty friends!  It's time for the Christmas in July Linky party at {BYSHC}, WOOT!  WOOT!  We have a great lineup of sponsors for our hop again, which you can see in the blog post HERE.  Take note of the dates on the graphic:  


Here is my card:  


I used a sponsor's product on this card, but you can't see it!  It's called Sticky Lines, and it's from Therm-o-Web.  I had never used the Sticky Lines product before, but I am definitely a fan!  It is supposed to be used to adhere ribbons and borders, and it works absolutely perfectly!  My ribbon width wasn't as wide as the Sticky Line, so I did spend some time removing the exposed adhesive (crafty OCD), but I think it was well worth it in the end.  The ribbon is a super cute transition between the patterned paper and the card base.  Let's go over the card ingredients.

SUPPLIES

Brown Gingham Patterned paper -- My Creative Time Christmas Gingers 6"x 8.5" paper pad
Teal paper with white polka dots --My Creative Time Ginger Chefs 6x6 paper pad
Circle die -- Pretty Circle Layer dies from My Creative Time
Cute Gingerbread person -- Ginger Boy & Girl dies from My Creative Time
Stamped Face -- Faceless Gingerbread and Marshmallow Treats stamp set from Peachy Keen Stamps, stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink
Sentiment -- You Warm My Heart Stamp set from My Creative Time, stamped with Versa Fine Clair Nocturne ink
Peppermint clay pieces -- from my stash
Ribbon -- from my stash, most likely from Walmart
Rosy cheeks -- Worn Lipstick oxide ink
white gel pen
red glitter gel pen

Thanks for stopping by my blog for DAY 1 of the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Christmas in July Linky Party I hope you will also take some time to visit the rest of the DT blogs to read about their creations and to leave them some comment love!  We can't wait to see what YOU will create for the Linky Party -- the more you join in, the more chances you have to win a prize!  Until next time, take care!

~ Marie




5 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Marie! I love the polka dots and that gingerbread is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gingerbread is adorable, and the polka dots and gingham colors work great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd recognize this sweet ginger anywhere! (I love MCT!). I love her eyelashes. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Love the little peppermints.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE -- U IS FOR UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS COLORS; V IS FOR VELVET

Hello crafty friends!  Welcome back to my blog!  It's time again for a new challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog: U is for UNUS...