Saturday, May 1, 2021

2CCC -- TNT ARTSPIRATIONS --MAY 1, 2021

 Hello friends, and welcome back to my blog!  Today is May 1st, and that means it's time for a new challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!  This month's sponsor is TNT Artspirations:

We were permitted to choose which image we wanted to use, so I decided on this Betta Fish:


And here is my card:


We have had a few Bettas over the years, and I know none of them were "quite" this color, but I chose 2 colors I thought would look nice together from my Tombow markers, 606 Violet, and 620 Lilac.  I did one body section at a time, and started with the lilac as a base layer.  Then I brought in the violet for the shaded areas and blended that out with more lilac.  I did go over the fins and tail twice to get the blend I wanted, and made sure to go over the lines in the drawing (as best I could) for definition.  I thought the main body looked a bit plain, so I added dot detail with the violet marker.
For the card base, I thought an actual fish bowl would be AWESOME, so I cut 2 bowls from acetate, put a score line in the bottom one, and adhered them together with strong double sided tape.  It's not pretty by any means, but it works!  The fish bowl is a cut file from the Silhouette store, and it came with the water, "sand," and the 2 pieces of "grass."  I deleted the fish that came with it, of course, and the castle was a separate file.  I just thought he should have a castle, even though he covers most of it.  😊  I cut the water piece from Bristol smooth surface watercolor cardstock so I could play some more with my Tonic shimmer powders. 😍  I used Blue Blitz and Green Parade to make my Betta some pretty, shimmery water to swim in.  I cut 3 more of these pieces, 2 of them in reverse to make panels for hiding the adhesive.  The other pieces in the bowl were colored with alcohol markers.  I didn't notice until editing my pictures, but I can see that I adhered these a teensy bit crooked...well, it is a hand made card, right?  Here are a couple more pics:


As you can see in this picture, I adhered everything flat, except for the Betta, to which I added foam tape.

Thanks so much to TNT Artspirations for sponsoring 2CCC this month.  I had fun coloring the Betta and making a home for him!  Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT made with the images they chose, and to stop by their blogs and leave them some love!  Until next time...

Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless!

~Marie~





No comments:

Post a Comment

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...