Saturday, May 1, 2021

BUGABOO ANYTHING GOES BI-WEEKLY CHALLENGE -- MAY 1, 2021

 Hello, and welcome back!  It's May 1st, and this is my second post for today.  I hope you don't mind!  In this post, I am featuring my card for Bugaboo Stamps Anything Goes bi-weekly challenge at the Catch the Bug blog:


I've had this adorable Banana Monkey image printed and colored sitting on my desk for a little while now, as I was going to use her for a Humor Me Wednesday card on April 21st, which was banana day.  Since the format of the site has changed, I was able to use her for this challenge instead.  I also had it mind the whole time she was sitting on my desk that I wanted to make a shaker card with bananas in it.  So, I set about finding a good banana image, and I made my own patterned paper with it, as well as a smaller version of the image for the shaker bits.  Of course, it wouldn't do just to have tiny cardstock bananas in my shaker, so I added plenty of sequins too...mostly from the Doodles Paper Playground Bee Creative Sparkle Blend mix, but also some Moonshine confetti sequins form Cartwright's, a few Crystal Rainbow Fusion sequins from Studio Katia, and some yellow clay hearts from the Sherbet Clay Hearts mix from Twiddler's Nook.  Even though this see through shaker was a bit of a thorn in my side to put together (I had to start over again 3 times!), I am pleased with the outcome.  I don't think I will be making another one anytime soon though!  😉

Here's a close up of the image that was colored with alcohol markers.

Hopefully here you can get a better look at the sequins.

--CHALLENGES--

Papercraft Challenges #69:  Fruits, food, and Vegetables
CHN Patterned Paper:  ATG using patterned paper
Love to Craft #58:  ATG (1/5)
Mix it Up #49:  ATG (1/5)
Color It, Create It, Show It Off:  ATG with coloring (1/3)
613 Avenue Create:  ATG (1/8)
Crafty Animals #50:  ATG using animals

Ok, that's all from me...don't forget to check out our bi-weekly anything goes challenge that starts today!  Leave the rest of the participating DT members some love for their creations, and PLEASE join in on the fun!  It wouldn't be the same without your participation!  Until next time...

Stay Healthy, Take Care and God Bless!

~Marie~






5 comments:

  1. Very cute shaker card, the monkey is a little sweetie. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, SandyDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of banana day - what a cute card - Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. Love that it is a shaker too. Thanks for sharing with us at CCS.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, love the banana paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to sharing with us your beautiful projet.
    Marie dt my besties international.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...