Thursday, May 20, 2021

SQUIRRELS GONE NUTZ -- MAY 20, 2021 --BIRTHDAY AND ALPHABET DIES

Hey there my crafty friends!  How ya been?  Things in my neck of the woods are going strong.  Hubby has been busy planting a vegetable garden in the evenings, which has left me a bit more time in my craft room.  Not that I have made much of anything, but I have gotten a *little bit* of organizing done. 😄  

Anyhow, today is my favorite day of the month, where I get to collaborate and hop with Squirrels Gone Nutz, aka the Squirrel Squad.  We are still making that ever-so-valiant attempt to use those crafty things in our stash that we have forgotten about or are hoarding (WHAT?!?  NO WAY!) 😆  Our theme/supply for this month is BIRTHDAY, and ALPHABET DIES.  Here is my card:


I have had these SUPER CUTE little bees (free digi from Clearly Besotted) sitting on my desk for THE LONGEST TIME.  I just adore them!  I colored the images with Copics, and then let them sit around on my desk some more.  When it came time to create the card for this hop, I decided it was time to use them!  This die cut circle (Spellbinders) was stashed in the storage pocket with the dies, so I pulled it out and did some ink blending through a stencil.  I have had this stencil for a really long time, and I think it is from Recollections.  I used Scattered Straw and Wild Honey oxide inks for the blending, and after removing the stencil, I added more Scattered Straw lightly over the entire circle so it wouldn't be stark white.  For more texture, I first spritzed the circle with water, and dabbed it up with a paper towel.  Then I grabbed my Gathered Twigs regular distress mini ink pad, smooshed some onto my glass desktop, and spritzed it with water.  Using a paintbrush, I splattered my circle (and a few other things on my desk!) with the ink.  Then my final addition to the circle was to spritz it with shimmer spray made from Perfect Pearls and water.  I did lots of spritzing today! 😆  The happy die cut is from Tim Holtz (Celebration Words Script), and the alphabet dies are Oliver's Stitched ABC's from Lawn Fawn.  I cut each of these 2 times from 110lb white cardstock scraps, and once from the brown glitter cardstock (Recollections).


Now at first, I thought I was going to pop up the circle on foam tape, so I added lots of it and stuck it down to the card base. Then, as I set about figuring out the positions of the other elements, I realized that popping up the circle was NOT a good idea, as it would make adhering the happy word and letters way too difficult.  Thankfully, I was able to peel the circle up and remove all the foam tape. (whew!)  After I adhered the circle with LIQUID GLUE instead, the word and letters were much easier to adhere with liquid glue as well.  The bee images are popped up on foam tape.  I also added some of the Gathered Twigs ink around the edges of the kraft card base, and some shimmer to the bees wings with clear Wink of Stella.

--CHALLENGES--

Love to Craft #58:  ATG (4/5)
Mix It Up #49:  ATG (4/5)
Paper Funday #29:  ATG (3/4)
Digi Choosday #20:  ATG (1/3)
Simon Says Wednesday:  Use dies and/or Punches

Alrighty, your next stop in our hop is the fabulous V, right HERE.  There's only a few of us in this hop, so it won't take you too long to get through it all, I promise!  I sincerely hope that we can inspire you today, that you will leave us some comment love, and subscribe if you haven't already!  We sure do appreciate it!  Until next time,

Stay Healthy, Take Care, and God Bless! 

~Marie~


10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and adorable Marie ! Awesome card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I freaking LOVE this!!! Super bee-utiful with all the spritzing and glitter! And the stenciled background is the perfect landing place for your sweet bees! Sounds like you were making good use of hubby's gardening time. I need a bit of organization myself (side note, my stupid fingers typed "butt of organization" which I thought was fairly accurate.) And if you makes you feel better, I am still finding white paint splatters from making your Christmas card. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, your card is so sweet! These cute bees make smile and I love the background you made. The sentiment is so perfecly fitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is such an adorable card. There's just something about bees that brings a smile to my face! I love how you put this all together- its just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a sweet card. You did a great job with colouring & I love the background. You've created an adorable scene. Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
    I hope to see you next time!
    Hugs,
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. What a sweet little card. I'm in love with the way you highlighted the hexagons. Feels like a beehive to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO GOOD Marie!!! I absolutely love how perfect each and every element is, and you put them together to get such an AWESOME creation!

    The ink blending and splattering on that die cut circle are amazing! I love that you made it with so many elements that you had sitting out on your desk! Even better!!!

    As always, I love hopping along with you my friend, sending love and crafty hugs! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria this is a cute card, love the little bees :) The hexagonal background is genius.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The Paper Funday Challenges
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable - loving the natural colour choice. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge - Good Luck!
    Maz DT
    https://blackheartcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute make, love your background, just perfect!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'A Place To Start' this month
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...