Monday, April 5, 2010

A birthday card for the BOSS!


No, not for Bruce Springsteen, my boss! LOL The poor woman is cursed to have her birthday exactly 4 days after mine, so I will NEVER FORGET IT!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This year, it was the big 5-0, so I enlisted the help of some of my co-workers to have a bunch of balloons delivered to work. They were delivered alright...by someone in an old lady costume...who had "lost" her dog...and was holding a sign with his picture on it...and when she would turn around the dog was between her butt cheeks! It was HILARIOUS!!! One of our regular customers was there at the time, and the "old lady" got him involved by asking if he had seen her puppy...and then she turned around...he didn't see it at first, but when he did, he said, "OH, I found it!", and walked out of the store laughing...but he never did say WHERE he found it! Needless to say, my boss was VERY embarassed, and now wants to kill us all! :)
Now, onto the card...all colored CS is The Paper Company, white is Georgia Pacific. Image is from a freebie set Dustin recently gave to all his loyal followers...YEA!!!! You should go check it out, if you haven't already! I colored it with Crayola markers, incorporating one of my boss' favorite colors, purple. I glittered the HECK out of the wings with the only bottle of Stickles I own, which just happened to be purple! Corners are inked with purple Studio G ink, and it's matted with a same-sized square of black CS (my boss' other fav. color!). Simple black ribbon behind that, on the purple base. The four corners are blinged up with self-adhesive gems, and she is done. My boss liked her card this year! :) TOODLES!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marie! That is just TOO funny! Wish I had been there to see it! I can bet your boss is ready to kill you all though! lol
    Great looking card! She's gotta forgive you after this beauty!
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! I just realized that I forgot your birthday!! So sorry, Happy Belated Birthday to you...

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...