Friday, July 3, 2015

Stylish stockings

Hello all!  How are you?  Fine and dandy, I hope.  Tomorrow is the 4th of July here in the States, and I hope we all have some fun planned to celebrate our independence.  May Old Glory wave high!
 
I'm here to share my latest Christmas card:
 
 
This card did not turn out as originally planned, but since I made it for a challenge, I had to post it, lol!  I embossed both pieces of the stockings with different folders, and added Stickles to the swirls.  The sentiment that is hard to see in my pic is from Signature Christmas from Papertrey Ink.  The wrinkles on my card are from using Elmer's glue to adhere the foam piece to the cardstock...does anyone have any suggestions on what else can be used??
 
Challenges:
 
Christmas at Sweet Stampin':  Christmas Stockings
The Glory of Christmas:  Gifts, or Anything goes 
Sparkles Christmas challenge:  Use ribbon, lace, or twine
CHNC Extra:  Anything goes
CHNC #235:  Two Words (the sentiment says Happy Holidays)
Winter Wonderland:  All that glitters
CSAYL #50:  Snow or glitter
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~Marie~
 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges and our Glory of Christmas challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. On paper that wrinkles like that, I use DS tape. About the only thing I use it for anymore.
    Hugs
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty card.
    Thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Une très jolie carte Marie, moderne et douce, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL , biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink and grey make such a lovely colour combo and I love how you have embossed these pretty stockings. It's great to see you play along with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' last month! We have a new challenge starting tomorrow and I hope you will join us again! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Lesley has stated, Marie, pink and grey are lovely together. I love the simplicity of your card, with the pretty embossing.

    Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland for our 'All That Glitters' challenge, and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty femine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the non-traditional colors of your Christmas card. Thanks for joining the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty HazelNuts.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...