Tuesday, August 25, 2020

COLLECTED CRAFTY COLLABS #3 -- AUGUST EDITION

Hello friends, and welcome back to my blog!  Today's post is all about using up those squirreled away supplies again...yup, you guessed it, my Squirrel Sisters and I are back to challenge you to get that stuff out and USE IT!  This is the August edition of COLLECTED CRAFTY COLLABS!  😆
This month's theme is: 



Now, my Squirrel Sisters were somewhat dubious that I could make a Christmas card following these themes, but I had no doubts whatsoever!  Here's my card:



Bugaboo to the rescue!  This image is called Tropical Santa - Buried, and of course it's perfect for the vacation theme!  For the embossing folder part of the challenge, I dug through my collection in hopes of finding something that would work, because I wasn't sure I even had anything.  Then I stumbled upon this cloud folder from Darice --EUREKA!!  Now, I didn't just want to emboss the panel with the cloud folder and do nothing else to it; that would be very boring.  So before I did the embossing, I grabbed my cloud/grass stencil from the Create and Inkspire July kit, Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, and the light blue Taylored Expressions blender brush, and blended on the cloudy sky background.  Before adhering the kraft card stock sand layer, I also blended some Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink just below the sky.  I tore the top of the kraft card stock for a more organic edge also before gluing it down to the panel.  Tulip brand white Puffy paint was added to the edge to make the foam.

Santa in his pile of sand was colored with alcohol markers.  I used the dotting technique on the sand and his beard to add texture.  His hat brim and pompom are covered in Star Dust Stickles.  I added some clear Wink of Stella to the full yellow circle of the sun, around the edges of the "rays," and to his sunglasses.  The glasses then got a coating of Glossy Accents, and when that dried I added white gel pen accents to them, and to other areas I thought could use them.  I didn't want to ruin my little scene with a sentiment, so I'll add one to the inside later.

I think this card turned out super fun and cute...what do you think?  Here's an image close-up:

--CHALLENGES--
*will be added soon*

Thanks for dropping by today!  If you came here as a part of the hop, then you should have arrived from the lovely Charlotte at The Joyful Soul CreatesYour next stop on the hop is Lounon at her blog, Craft me, Craft moi.  If you get lost along the way, my wonderful Squirrel Sister Virginia with her blog Passions and Distractions is at the beginning, and she has the full list for you!
Until next time, my friends stay safe, take care, and God Bless!

~Marie~

13 comments:

  1. I agree, super cute card, Marie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie you did a fabulous job on this card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Really cute card. I love that image. I've used him once before and put him on an action wobbler :D You made a great scene for him. - Charlotte/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!!! I love the use of puffy paint and I think the way you incorporated the embossing folder was brilliant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card ! It's so fun, pretty and cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that embossing folder. I almost used it for today's project. Fantastic coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorably fun Christmas card. So stinkin cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH EM GEE Marie! This is so so adorable! I love it! And that sea foam is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this scene Marie! The puffy paint seafoam is ingenious!!! I should have known you would find a way to make a summer Christmas card! 😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post. On websites I stumble onto every day, I discover something interesting and difficult. It will always be beneficial to read articles written by other authors and make use of information found on other websites. That is incredibly intriguing. How is FPS cap? I suggested reading this article for this topic's solution How to Cap FPS in Skyrim. I think this is an excellent solution to the problem.

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...