Saturday, August 1, 2020

IT'S SATURDAY! TIME FOR A BUGABOO CHALLENGE -- AUGUST 1, 2020

Happy Saturday, friends!  I just love Saturdays!  That usually means I don't have to work, and I can hang out with my hubby or in the craft room to my heart's content!  Well, there may be some cleaning and laundry thrown in there too.  Necessary evils.  LOL  

Anyway, we aren't here to talk about chores, are we?  I want to share the card I made for today's challenge at Catch the Bug Anything Goes (my favorite!)


I'm actually killing two birds with one stone here...isn't that a horrible saying?  This card is also serving as my submission in the #summerlovincardhop happening on Instagram today.  I picked this cute little doggie getting ready to hit the waves, and the file name is Summer Dog SurfI printed him out using my inkjet printer on Canson Recycled Bristol card stock, and water colored him using Tombow markers.  The card panel is cut from the same card stock.  I made a stencil out of a scrap of 65lb. card stock cut to the same size as the panel, using the largest of the Spellbinders Classic Circle dies.  Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink and the stencil I created using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud die were used to create the ocean.  Clearly, I need some work on making ocean waves!  The clouds in the sky were made using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, and the cloud stencil from the fabulous Create & Inkspire kit by Courtney Kreeber.  After I applied these to my scene, I decided to channel my inner Marine Simon and add texture with splatters of water and ink .  The ink splatters on the sky were made with Broken China Distress Oxide, and the ocean splatters were created with Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide.  I will add a sentiment at a later date, as I ran out of time!  😕   

                                                --CHALLENGES--                                                   
Mix It Up #40:  ATG (3/5) 
Love to Craft #49:  ATG (3/5)
Classic Design #8:  ATG
A Perfect Time to Craft:  ATG
Crafting Happiness #59:  ATG
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #41:  ATG using critters (2/5)
The Outlawz Festive Fridays:  Travel/Vacation
Little Red Wagon #560:  Give Us Your Background
A Bit More Time to Craft:  ATG





Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Don't forget to hop on over to the Catch the Bug blog to see what other Bugaboo inspiration awaits!  Until next time,

Take Care, and God Bless!

~Marie~


Come see me at these other places!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 comments:

  1. What a fun little aperture scene you've created! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Loving his shades! Gotta go 80's Timbuk3 and make the sentiment! "I'm doin' all right, getting good grades... My Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades!" Its so nice when I can repay the last ear worm you gave me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so cute! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Mix It Up!
    Darlene
    Mix It Up
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great scene and that cute woofer with his shades. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. I love the surfer dog! Great job! Thank you for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

    ReplyDelete

ABC CHRISTMAS -- E IS FOR EMBOSSING, F IS FOR FAUX, G IS FOR GINGERBREAD

 Hello crafty friends!  I'm dropping by really quickly to share what I created for this month's ABC Christmas challenge , which is ...